veganism

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by jnabb22, Oct 7, 2010.

1. good morning. well its 2:40 here so good afternoon.
    but sorry my mistake, but i was referring to the fact that insulin was raised from meat. and maybe not today when theres 7 billion people. but you could've yes. back then. we couldn't find enough meat to keep us going if we didn't farm them.. we've been doing that for ages.

2. There wouldnt be enough fruits, nuts etc in the wild to keep you alive even if there was only a few million people, or less. Because fruits as you know them now in the supermarket didnt exist back then. And there werent fields of nuts, maybe you would find one or two, LMAO. How come you don't understand this?

And insulin isn't raised from meat because insulin only is produced by your body in response to carbohydrates. Obviously because insulin is raised to protect you during a famine.

3. show me evidence to back up your claims? and i this topic was about vegansim and today, and no matter how much you want to, you cant deny that meat is bad for you TODAY, and we cant prove anything about the old days a million years ago. its actually pointless. trying to figure out if it was healthy for people a millennium ago to eat meat so we know its healthy. or we can look at the tons of research thats out there today. flesh=bad. and cause insulin is raise by carbs, then wouldn't it be bad to eat meat cause then you wouldn't have a raised insulin when a famine comes? I also highly doubt you have a time machine to see what it was really like back then? or did they take pictures? haha

4. #184 Paleo Edibles, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
    and cause insulin is raise by carbs, then wouldn't it be bad to eat meat cause then you wouldn't have a raised insulin when a famine comes?

ROFL

idk what else to say

EDIT: Since you still think meat has carbohydrates lmfao

5. ROFL

idk what else to say

finally...

6. I eat vegans for breakfast.

7. Yeah, I should link you to a page about macronutrients so you can learn the basics.

Nutrient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

read about the difference between carbs, fat and protien...I cant believe I have to show you this lmao.

8. #188 tlilancalqui, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    Paleo Edibles you are a class A, grade 1 dick. Nobody on this thread gives a flying fuck what you do in your spare time, and your commitment to our health is not only frightening, but downright disturbing.

Get a grip and stop trying to push your opinions on others.

Your thoughts rest on the notion that we should emulate people basically for archeological reasons, rather than any environmental, social or even health reasons. To what end?

Why don't you start your own thread about your own little ideas for how people should eat, and then see how many people really want to talk to you.

9. Your thoughts rest on the notion that we should emulate people basically for archeological reasons, rather than any environmental, social or even health reasons.

No, my thoughts are completely based on health concerns, and heart disease prevention. Fat is the healthiest macronutrient to derive calories from.

10. #190 jnabb22, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    you must not have looked at the million sites thats showed meat kills you.. maybe it can derive calories but itll also give you a heart attack. clog your arteries, cancer etc etc...
    Eating meat is bad for you
    The Case Against Meat : Evidence Shows that Our Meat-Based Diet is Bad for the Environment, Aggravates Global Hunger, Brutalizes Animals and Compromises Our Health (by Jim Motavalli)

11. Really? Health concerns? How so, it is perfectly possible to derive saturated fat from coconut and palm oil, if one is a staunch vegan, and from dairy products if one is more permissible.

So the long and the short of it is that basically, your health concerns are a moot point... and that really leaves you with no leg to stand on. From research it shows that you should be able to 'live like a king' with your life choice, but other than that, your choices need not effect everyone else that you come into contact with, who may have higher minded ideals to live up to other than just basic 'self fulfillment' (gluttony).

As with anything balance is often the key as even for a vegan to it would be unwise to completely switch from olive oil to palm oil, or to 'pig out' on dairy. Excess leads to health problems just as quickly as insufficiency.

For example:
    Replacing 40% of Dietary Animal Fat with Vegetable Oil Is Associated with Lower HDL Cholesterol and Higher Cholesterol Ester Transfer Protein in Cynomolgus Monkeys Fed Sufficient Linoleic Acid

-http://jn.nutrition.org/content/133/8/2600.full

12. How so, it is perfectly possible to derive saturated fat from coconut and palm oil

In a natural environment you wouldn't be getting enough saturated fat from coconuts, no matter how many trees were around you. And don't forget coconuts only grow in the tropics.

vegan to it would be unwise to completely switch from olive oil to palm oil

No, it would actually be an improvement. Since palm has a closer to animal-fat ratio of saturated fat and monounsaturated fat.

13. #193 jnabb22, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
    what you need are essential fatty acids. those are the ones your body cant make. omega 6, and 3 fatty acids. foods high in omega 6 are avocados, seeds, grains (which you should limit.) omega six, you can find in leafy greens. saturated fat is gonna clog your arteries mate.
    FATS YOU NEED
    FACTS ABOUT FATS

oh and i meant to say this too.. carbs are good. good carbs. its bad to eat bad carbs but good to eat good carbs. good carbs are like fruits, veggies, shit like that.
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/carbohydrates
    carbs aren't the enemy.. if you know what you're doing.

14. saturated fat is gonna clog your arteries mate.

The lipid hypothesis is false.

good carbs are like fruits, veggies, shit like that.

True, they are lower in total calorie and carbohydrate density. That doesnt change the fact that 1g of sugar in a soda is the same one gram of sugar from a fruit. Carbs are carbs! I'm not saying its healthier to drink soda than eat apples, but gram for gram, sugar is sugar.

When did I ever say that you shouldnt eat carbs? Nay, carbs are the other side of the coin, and we naturally would eat leaves and tree shrubbery while looking for the next kill. 100-150 grams of carbs per day, which is 400-500 or so calories, is fine. NOT the USDA reccomended 350 grams, lawls.

15. The lipid hypothesis is false.
    why do you say that?

True, they are lower in total calorie and carbohydrate density. That doesnt change the fact that 1g of sugar in a soda is the same one gram of sugar from a fruit. Carbs are carbs! I'm not saying its healthier to drink soda than eat apples, but gram for gram, sugar is sugar.
    sugar is soda IS different then sugar in fruit. Fruit has fructose sugars, which is easily metabolized. soda, candy, etc. has sucrose which is bad for you.

When did I ever say that you shouldnt eat carbs? Nay, carbs are the other side of the coin, and we naturally would eat leaves and tree shrubbery while looking for the next kill. 100-150 grams of carbs per day, which is 400-500 or so calories, is fine. NOT the USDA reccomended 350 grams, lawls.
    maybe you should read this. and just more in general lol
    Carbs: the good, the bad, and the ugly - TODAY Health - TODAYshow.com

16. why do you say that?

Because there is insurmountable evidence that proves it's wrong, it's just bad business to do so.

sugar is soda IS different then sugar in fruit. Fruit has fructose sugars, which is easily metabolized. soda, candy, etc. has sucrose which is bad for you.

But sucrose and fructose are both just sugars, that are slightly different in molecular shape or whatever.

maybe you should read this. and just more in general lol

You think I don't know about glycemic load, good carbs and bad carbs? While you're being condescending, I'm practically raping you with evidence that I am well versed in these subjects. A carb is a carb, is a carb. Maybe you should do some reading, about the basics that is.

17. But sucrose and fructose are both just sugars, that are slightly different in molecular shape or whatever.

for the record im talking about fructose the natural one from fruit. not the processed shitty fructose companies make. and they are different.

You think I don't know about glycemic load, good carbs and bad carbs? While you're being condescending, I'm practically raping you with evidence that I am well versed in these subjects. A carb is a carb, is a carb. Maybe you should do some reading, about the basics that is.

actually youre not showing me any evidence.. while i on the other hand am showing.. :eek:

18. Refined sugar != fruit sugar
    vegetable oil != hydrogenated veg. oil

as for 'raping with evidence' your evidence has been little or non-existant. Just stating things like they are facts does not equal evidence.

and to the other point about getting your amino fatty acids. You are very correct. Seeds and such are full of oils and amino acids. HEMP SEED!

But I was talking to the claim that fatty phil was making on needing meat for it's saturated fat. Sat. fats in the right quanitity are good for your bones, your heart and your immune system, as well as a source of high calories. However they are readily available in veggy form just as they are in animal form.

The real bad fats are trans. fats from hydrogenated oils. Just like the bad sugars come from modified flours and grains (get ancient grains!!) and refined sugars.

Other than that if you just feel like you need to put on a bit more weight, non-hydrogenated tropical oils are perfect.

19. #199 Paleo Edibles, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    Refined sugar != fruit sugar

a gram of refined sugar = a gram of fruit sugar IN SUGAR CONTENT, DIGESTION AND INSULIN RESPONSE. Haha you're funny.

However they are readily available in veggy form just as they are in animal form.

Where? lol in coconut oil and palm oil right? How did your primitive ancestors millions of years ago make enough coconut and palm oil to feed themselves? oh thats right they didnt

20. a gram of refined sugar = a gram of fruit sugar IN SUGAR CONTENT, DIGESTION AND INSULIN RESPONSE. Haha you're funny.

acctually fructose/fruit sugar does NOT spike your insulin as much as sucrose
    Why Fructose Sugar Is Better Than White Sugar!