Vegan/vegetarian. Your view

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by soojah129, Feb 8, 2014.

1. im all for it if its what you want, ill try some dishes if youd like me to! but please, keep the attitude down because once youre trying to convince me and shiet, nah man its getting time to kick rocks.

2. I definitely respect people who are vegetarians. They have a will power much greater than mine.
    I don't know if I could handle not eating any sort of meat.

3. #23 himan235, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    Not pointing to anyone here just my opinion---

EXACTLY I have not met one like that either. They think their shit dont stink
    ALMOST ALWAYS it has to do with slaughtering animals and they're a higher power since they dont eat it 
    The most disgusting unhealthy thing is placing HUMAN EMOTION on livestock animals
    The fucking cows and pigs, chickens dont give one fuck one way or another. They are happy to get food and water where they are living at the moment. They dont have human emotions for fucks sake! They EAT, SLEEP & SHIT, thats it.
    Just realize they're getting more humane treatment than 30 yrs ago- if these vegans found out how it was back then all the vegans would commit suicide immediately at the sight and thought of practices back then, or they would actually do something like taking up a role in organizations instead of bitchin everyone else out for what they eat.
    All USDA slaughter houses have gov't administers and strict practices, its not like the videos you watch from Slovakia or wherever the fuck 
    this is how the real world works.
    a bolt gun is used to slam a rod into the head destroying the brain and making the animal unconscious while keeping the heart beating so when sliced open the heart will pump out all the blood!! this is how the humane real world slaughtering works. If you cant handle that slaughtering is the least of your worries in life, your going to be sorely mistaken for the rest of your life of how the real world works.  its get worse from there in 3rd world countries

Hell, in Indi THEY SLICE THE THROATS of LIVING goats to bleed them out! ITS considered MOST FRESH and acceptable! AND I AGREE although thats their culture, I'd rather use a bolt gun

I think most vegans have a distorted view of the world they live in and where they came from and the rest are just followers who thought it was cool since most vegans think their shit dont stink. 
    I dont get angry at vegans, I FEEL BAD and sorry for them so therefore I cant get mad at any vegan

Whenever I think of vegans I think of sheltered distorted views of the real world they live in.
    These are usually the same people who think its guns that kill people. its all this distorted worldy viewing I have NO IDEA  for the life of me cannot comprehend where these views come from
    I believe these are some of the reasons why this country is the way it is- Modern people- CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH
    My grandfather then 12 yrs old cut off chicken heads, skinned and preped for dinner back in the 40's- THATS WHY THEY ARE CALLED THE GREATEST GENERATION- They have a clue of how the world works

Of course, some people just dont have a taste for meat at all

I'd be real curious to find out where you found that information as it doesnt work that in the US. We use humane captive bolt stun guns

4. I bet you could never convince a lion to go vegetarian

5. Plant sources aren't meant for everybody's metabolic type, some people survive off meat better. Do you, I won't judge someone's dietary choice but I must ask, how many (real) nutrition, diet, health, and science books have you read?

6. #26 aToker, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
    Well I believe animals are for us to eat, but they still should be treated with dignity.
    Putting them in a huge slaughter house cramped and fed Gmo crap is terrible now on a real farm where they can run around and are fed quality food, I think that's ok. Props to you for being vegan/vegetarian but it's just not my thing

7. #27 Royksopp, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    My opinion is: life is too short to not enjoy meat and dairy. I think that they should be killed more...humanely? Kinda like how kosher meats are prepared. 

8. I've haven't eaten meat for almost a year now. I just don't think it makes sense to eat meat multiple meals every day every week every year. Meat production is too inefficient. I take the other extreme lol.

Driving me to keep going is the ignorance I face from friends and strangers. Yes, vegans and vegetarians have a reputation of being smug and arrogant. I haven't had this experience with any vegans, even before I stopped eating meat. I would say these kind of people make up the minority or vegetarians.

The majority of vegetarians are completely normal decent people. You probably won't know they are vegetarian unless you eat a meal with them, or get to know them. I don't like to talk about it with strangers, because many people are very disrespectful. It seems people have this idea that vegetarians are all egotistical d-bags, and treat us differently based on this.

Some vegetarians are d-bags, but all have to deal with d-bags from the other side, and are usually alone against a crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. About my experience though. It was way easier than I expected to stop eating meat. I cut back over a couple months before quitting, and have had 0 meat cravings. I have come home drunk to a fridge full of BBQ'd ribs, steak, and chicken wings, and have not come close to cheating. Meat doesn't seem appetizing to me anymore. I might have a cheat meal soon for the one year milestone, just to remember what meat even tastes like.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Nothing wrong with a vegan diet at all. Whatever floats your boat.

When we were living in the wild, fatty foods were a rare occurance.We knew that they had longer lasting effects on energy as opposed to vegetables. So there's something in our DNA that tells us to eat fatty, protein rich foods. The problem is that our animal brain can't decipher between too little and too much, so we gorge ourselves subconciously.

11. Kosher meat is another one that will make animal loving vegans cut themselves even more when it is in fact under religious LAW that for an animal to be kosher it must be restrained and throat sliced, if correctly followed rules the animal should loose consciousness from severing arteries and bleed out in minutes! TA DAH! KOSHER MEAT! 

12. damn i love animals but they are just so tasty

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I would just like to say that i am surprised. I expected good responses for this post. People who were nice. Some of you guys that are opposed to veganism, i kind of feel sorry. Have any of you ever researched anything you are talking about? All of your so called "facts" are not true. In slaughter houses the cows are often hung from their feet going down a conveyer belt so they can quickly kill skin etc them. Any a vegan diet is one of the healthiest. It is proven that meat causes cancer and that a lot of cancers and other illnesses can be cured by a raw vegan diet. Also, humans dont have the teeth to be a carnivore. A lion has giant fangs and all of his teeth are sharp and pointy. All of out teeth are flat. I do not mean to sound rude that is the last thing i want. But when you are just dissing veganism with untrue "facts" the. I'm going to prove you wrong. And please guys just research it. A great documentary is forks over knives.

"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet" ~Bob Marley

14. I respect your decision.. I don't see anything against is. We all live our lives how we want. I just ate BK that made me sick. :/ plus, I swear all female vegetarians and/ or vegans are gorgeous.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

The labor practices for most USDA advocated places are awful, as in they hire illegal workers to do the dirty work without health benefits (which are badly needed for all the injuries that take place) and then prosecute the workers for being illegal so they don't have to pay them... 

it's a seriously messed up situation for the most wealthy companies in the world to be propagating, so it isn't just the animals that are concerned for in the food system. I agree that once an animal is dead, who cares anybody's gonna eat it so it might as well be you.. but if some guy's family is ruined because he got hired by a big name company and then arrested without pay, it's straight up robbery that violates our labor rights. 

There's more to it than just the method.. it's the political message we're allowing the food system to pass as humane business practices.

Holy shit please learn how the United States Government works if you think you can defend the morals of factory farming by saying the USDA regulations mean that factory farming is an ethical practice. That's just the tip of the ice berg in regards to how factory farming is a morally reprehensible system well beyond just the treatment of the farm animals and it is much more complex than you saying it is people who are against it applying human emotions to the slaughter of livestock. (holy shit that's so stupid, animals feel pain too, do you have an ounce of empathy in your body?).
    If you think factory farms are anything like citizens raising and killing their own livestock is akin to factory farming, you are the one who needs to learn how the world works, so please educate yourself before you spew bullshit.

17. I'm vegetarian, been so for about 6 years now and I feel great. It all started with my brother showing me a video called "meet your meat". After that, one day I was eating a chik-fil-a sand which and when I bit into it, there was pepto pink liquid oozing from it. Needless to say, I threw it away and stopped eating meat cold turkey (pun intended).
    Besides feeling so much healthier, I lost over 40lbs just by not eating meat, no working out or anything. I used to weigh 220lbs, and I naturally dropped to 170lbs. So obviously it has helped me health wise.

I'd encourage anyone to at least give vegetarianism a try, or at least reduce your meat intake. Your body will thank you.

BTW, the average male has 30-40 lbs of undigested meat in there colon. Hence the reason I lost so much weight when I quit eating it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. People can eat what they want but it really pisses me off when they try pushing their ideas on others.
    From a logical stand point, vegetarian/ veganism seems more inhuman than actually eating meat. We need to control animal populations some how. It would impossible to drive on the US if we never killed a deer, cow, or whatever.
    We are human, we are HUNTER gatherers, and meat taste fucking delicous. There is a natural order and humans need to remain at the top of the food chain! Do you think a Tiger would give a second thought about our feelings before killing us and enjoying us as a snack? Fuck no!

19. Spot on!

20. Nah but if I was more in touch with my white side id hunt for my meals. Barbaric

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum