veg?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fivestarpacheco, Sep 20, 2011.

1. hey guys i just had some questions im a little confused. im going to start a grow consisting of 2 1000 watt hps in this grow tent HTG Supply - Grow Tents | XL Grow Tent | Silver Lined Grow Tent

Now for flowering in that tent im going to be using 18 bubble buckets, and those are being built based on budslingers recirculating bubble buckets. so i am now in the process of looking for a tent for the mother and to also veg my plants. what im confused about though is i know i have to clone off of the mother but after cloning i know im going to have to veg my plants. the only problem is where and how? do i need to buy another tent the same size as my flowering room and build another 18 recircualting bubble buckets to keep those plants vegging? what im trying to do is right when my plants are finished flowering i want the plants that are being vegged to get thrown in there right after because im looking to harvest about 3 to 4 pounds (if possible) every 2 1/2 months. now im not sure if theres any other way to do this maybe uing a smaller tent i dont know. if any body could suggest some tips or even direct me to a tent or what i should use please let me know.

2. maybe a slightly smaller tent, you would have 18 buckets set up in each room and when your ready to flower you just lift the plants out of the veg room by the net pots and put them in the flower room.

the veg room dosnt have to be as big cause you can keep the buckets closer together cause they will double to triple in size while flowering.

3. Makes sense now would i also need 2 1000 watt mh or could i just use one light for veg and if so how many watts? I was thinkin led i heard they were great for vegging but im also hearing nothing compares to mh

4. The more light the better, get as many as you can afford/able to cool.

5. #6 Panda85, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
    you could always build a aero bucket, what i did was got a 5 gal bucket threw a water pump in and made a loop with the hose for it, drilled holes in the hose and threw sprayers in.. i cut 8- 2" holes in the top of the bucket and put in 2" net baskets. i cut the bottoms of the basket so roots wouldnt get caught in it..then put a 2" puck in the baskets to hold the clones and let them dangle. it held my clones and was big enough to veg for a while. it also works well with those large Rubbermaid storage bins and building a pvc manifold for your sprayers and throw some airstones at the bottom for a single large bin for all of them.. the aero setup will clone and veg..and if they hit the water it will be dwc style. then you should have enough room for you mom and them also.. just put the mom to the side..she will still grow nice and doesnt need much light at all. and you should also be able to transplant them into your 5gal bubble buckets when ready. im guessing your using hydroton in big net pots for you growing medium?

6. Yes im using hydroton and 6" net pots for the bubble buckets. Thanks for the advice but im worried about using rubber maid to veg because i dont want to pull my babies out to find out there tangled. I mean i cant talk becaause i have never used a rubbermaid to veg so if anyone else has an opinion lete know im juss trying to save some money because i spent alot alredy you know i have to veg 18 plants. I know i can use a smaller tent but its gunna be a pain building budslingers buckets again. Due to the fact i need 18 buckets lol. But hey if rubermaids dont tangle let me know! Ill hop right on it. Also the mother ur saying when she has reach a desired height i shuld just put her aside?

7. i just put a single cfl over the mother one of the 125w ones and didnt worry about her growth..because i was just chopping clones off of it as soon as it would grow a little.. as long as she has at least a little light she will be fine..

ive seen many grows in rubbermaid containers and it looks like they do tangle so if you dont want to finish them in the rubbermaid you could always rig up some kind of dividers for the bottom of the tub so they dont get tangled..so you can move them to your 5 gal buckets when needed.