Veg

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GreenThumb2114, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Can anyone tell me if 2 cfl's putting out 5400k be enough to veg 1 plant?

Sent from my SM-S920L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Veg doesn't really matter for the amount of light. The more light in veg will just make faster growth. So yes, those 2cfls are fine, but for flowering, you need more if you want a good yield

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Okay thanks! When I start to flower, what would be good to use but wouldn't cost me a fortune to buy? Lol

4. Yea 2 will be fine, I've heard of people using a single CFL. You will need more flowering tho. I had 6 during vegging and for flowering I'm doing 8

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Okay thanks! I'll make my way through veg and start looking for some lights to flower with

6. What I did with mine is I bought four lamp light replacement fixtures ($6 each at Walmart), then bought four double light extensions ($2 each at Home Depot), bulbs obviously, then I just attached them all to a board n hung it

7. Eh, I disagree that amount of light doesn't matter in veg. If you don't have enough light your plant will be spindly, scrawny, and probably unnecessarily tall. I guess it all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Also, the 5400k describes the spectrum (color) not the power.

8. Well do you think the 2 cfl's I have are sufficient enough for veg?

9. Yea I only have one plant going right now. If you plan on having more than one you should just go with a stronger and better light like led or hps. I know it's more expensive but it'll be better in the long run

10. Having a good soil and mix is important too, I'm having problems right now because I didn't