Veg with 2700K spectrum cfl

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cosmokramer421, Jan 20, 2009.

1. #1 cosmokramer421, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
    I'm currently using a mix of 2700K and 6400K bulbs. 194W of 2700, 78W of 6400K. Would it be ok to vegitate with this? i understand I have mostly 2700k bulbs which are 'better' for flowering. What makes them better? What are the disadvantages of vegging under 2700k? I'd rather not spend anymore money on bulbs, but if vegging under 2700 isn't feasible i may have to. my plants are only about a week old but they're looking great, no stretching or anything. if i continue to veg with mostly 2700k lighting will it start stretching? My area is 2'x2'x2'. i have 3 plants going, hoping to get a female. will most likely have no more than 2 plants in the area (probably just 1), i will be lsting and topping. bag seeds, hoping mostly indicas.

I hear people say to switch out your bulbs for flowering and veg, and some people saying to use a mix of both spectrums. im guessing my setup now will be ok for flowering, but will it be ok for veg?

2. well mr K, your lights are fine

total wattage for your space (4sq feet) is SUPERB for cfl coverage.

as for the color temperature, youll be fine, especially with your total light output.

youd be fine with all 2700k, but you have some 6400k augmenting it. Youll probably end up loving the mix of both when flowering as well....it'll work beautifully for all stages of growth in the size box youve got

3. Agreed, you will do fine. The only reason for switching bulbs is different light spectrum. A mix of the two that has enough wattage and lumens is perfectly fine. Its just like the people who run an entire grow with an HPS light instead of using a MH during part of the cycle. As long as you have enough light, you will be good.

4. That's just what I wanted to hear, thanks a lot.

5. AGREED AGREED!!! Thanksalot. Love this place so much, ebery question answered, almost.

6. wow that is like yelling, lol writing in caps is like YELLING LOUD IN the FORUM

7. lol YELLING

8. i cant get an answer so ima try here...

i vegged for 34 days with 2700k like an idiot (the print was small on the box and i bought the wrong ones, and they looked white, that was until i picked up 4 5700k today and noticed the major difference....

will i be ok?

should i start to add the 5700ks slowly? one at a time or just throw em all in there?

should i leave the 2700ks in there anyways?

and how much damage have i done if any?

the plant is healthy as fuck btw...theres pics up on the site somewhere lol

search for "is this plant growing upside down" and you will see it

just transplanted to the final bucket....
    roots looked great...

feeling good until i noticed i was using the wrong lights for the past month....

thanks in advance

9. Well first upload some pics here or in your journal. Second you should be okay and I would just change the light bulbs, I've grown an auto flower completely under 2700k spectrum cfls and it was by far some of the greatest pot I've ever smoked.

10. Hey Tempyr, I have a similar question,

I'm trying to grow an Autoflower right now (Easy Ryder to be exact), but I need to keep it as short as possible, as I only have between 16" and 17.5" of vertical space.

Would running 2700k bulbs on a 20/4 light schedule the ENTIRE time help keep the plant small?

Or am I missing out on valuable branching grown by not using any 6500k bulbs at all?

You can check out my grow here:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/1007782-easy-ryder-pc-server-cfl-soil-grow-pics.html