Veg to Flower Lighting Q

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Printz, Sep 16, 2009.

1. I'm using CFL's to grow my baby. I was using a 6500k to veg and I switched to the 2700k or whatever it is close to that. I was using the 24/0 method and was wondering if I have to change light schedules to get it to flower or will the color change from the lights do the trick. Thanks:confused:

2. plants wont induce the flowering stage until you change your light cycles. 12 hours of light/12 hours a darkness will make a plant believe that winter is coming thus it will begin to flower in attempt to produce seed. This flowering process is produced from a hormone that secretes in the plant. This hormone is killed off by uv light rays. Thus when you reduce your lights to 12/12 the hormone will build up and saturate and the plant will begin to flower.

hope this helps

adios:wave:

3. Thats helps alot, but do I have to go to 12/12 or can I to something with more light? Am I stupid for trying to do this? Will going to a 12/12 vs. 24/0 effect growth much? Thanks for your help.

4. Yes my friend, in this case it is best to give the plant what it wants for flowering- which is a 12/12 cycle. Please feel free to search this subject GC has a plethora of information about this exact subject.

5. Wanted to thank you again, it's already flowering. Turned out to be a male so I start germinating soon for grow 2.