Veg time?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Argaha, Apr 20, 2013.

1. How long can a plant be kept in the Veg state?

2. Until you run out of space, or it dies of natural causes.

3. The reason I ask is I set up one tent as a Veg tent and another for flowering. I was wondering if I could keep a "Mother" in veg and constantly take clones off her. Have the clones veg with "Mom" for a couple weeks then move to the flower tent? Is it posible that the "Mother" could stay alive for years?

4. If the mother is a worthy phenotype then that's the way it's done brotha.

5. Thanks Dopeman!! I have a few plants of the "Big Bang" strain that so far have had phenomenal growth in the Veg phase. I havent grown in almost 20 years and when I did it was nothing like this. Its like weed on steroids no foolin. I would cry if I had to outright killem all. If done right I think I could get a perpetual harvest from my girls. Thanks again!!

6. Also for future reference if you want to check if a non feminized seed is a female. Instead of vegging it out then, putting it into flower followed by putting it back into reveg for cloning you can always just take a clone off of a vegging plant root that clone out and then check for sex by flowering that clone. This method wont stress the original plant, possibly risking it to hermie.

7. Thats a wonderful idea. I took a clone today...mostly to see if I can clone correctly. Maybe ill through it into 12/12. Wait a minute....BAH Im stoned. They are FEM seeds I started with lol