Veg tent setup. Quantum board suggestions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bigolenugs19, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Im getting a new 4x4 tent and planning on using it for vegging only, i know I dont need alot of intensity so I can go with the weaker qbs and a nice 4000k spectrum. But for all you QB pros what would you suggest I get to blanket that area? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. A 4 pack of qb120's in 4k is about the perfect veg setup for a 4x4. I've used that for almost 2 years. Sometimes I run only 3 to keep the intensity down.

They run great on meanwell LRS-75-24 drivers. You can use the voltage dimmer to dim them. They're cheap and wall mount easy. Then you can unplug one or two if you want or relocate them.

The usual method is to run all 4 in series on a meanwell HLG-240h-c2100a or in parallel on a meanwell HLG-240h-24a. I'm currently running invisible sun boards but they are very similar. The left two are 120's at 3500k and the right two are 150's at 4k.That is a revegged blueberry. That's why the stalk is so long.
    IMG_1132.JPG

3. Nice! Thanks for your response! I am running 4 qb96s on a hlg-600h-54a in my current tent. So i think i will look at getting 4x qb120 v2s with a hlg-240h-24a and wire in parallel like you suggested. I love these qbs, so excited to get a second tent going!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Running veg and bloom at the same time is the way to go. The bloom tent never stops working. Way more harvests per year.

5. My ultimate plan is a 8x4x7.5 tent for 2 stages of flowering plants, and 1 4x4x7.5 tent for veg. Doing 4 plants at a time to start and slowly move to 2 plants being germed af a time and 12 plants growing at all times. Just your standard perpetual grow I guess. I just wanna harvest every 2 weeks haha...

• Like Like x 1