Veg. question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pow420, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Say i want to make a bigger plant for a bigger yeild, can i just extend my veg time to more then 4-6 weeks? Also which sex are the seeds on?

2. Ya, you can veg for however long you want. The only restriction is you have to wait till around 12 inches to flower (or alternating nodes), but vegging, go for however long you need to.

Don't understand your second question though... :confused:

3. Like seeds i can plant to grow another plant. Where are they?

4. the female. lol.

5. i know im a noob.... o well have to start somewhere, also what would be a effective nutrient mix i could get at home depot, kmart or walmart?

6. try to look for some organic line. Stay away from any time release ferts.

7. in any walmart or sort you can get some dirt cheap "forthepriceisright" nutes.

Two main phases, two main mixes:

VEG: 17-17-17 NPK
    BUD: 10-20(or more)-10

Use the best water you can:

distilled - best choice
    sink water - worst choice

use less than a gram of the nute mix in each liter of water after 2-3 weeks of sprouting. Then up slowly the nute ratio but dont go over 2 g/L

Before or when switching lights change to the BUDing mix. 1-2 weeks before harvesting stop the nutes and flush it by giving it a ton of water.

Hope made sense, hope it helped

Currently on my first grow
    4x39 daylight Osram Fluoros hung up in chains, some old school twist, jeje.
    4 Indicas
    6 Sativas
    .5 g/L of "triple 17 plus" (17-17-17 N-P-K and some micrconutes)
    .5 g/L of "nutriflor" (15-30-15 N-P-K)
    35 days 12-12

8. ok thanks, o yeah i forgot to mention the hydro store... so if they have more nutes then i guess tell me more combo's i could use. Also whats a good way to cool a 400 watt HPS, i hear a cool tube works good is this true?