Veg question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by law_101, Jul 22, 2008.

1. What is the least amount of time you would have to veg a plant? It seems like most people like the 2 month time frame. but would 6 weeks make a big difference?

2. its all about the yield, you can 12/12 from seed,but you yield will suffer. Im only on my first grow but i know this from ALOT of reading. I plan to let my plants veg 30-40 days, but im not concerened with what i yield.

3. so would that mean you flower for the same ammount of time? Or just until the buds are fully developed and start turning?

4. You can veg your plant as long as you want from a day to a year or more what ever you feel like doing. When you want to flower put the plant on a light schedule of 12 hours on 12 hours off. Flowering takes 8-10 weeks.

6 weeks of veg is fine if thats what you want to do. I vegged mine for a month before I started flowering

5. I like minimum of vegging for 25 days, depending on your grow space. From what I understand you should veg your plant till it is about 1/2 as tall as you want it to be when it finishes, maybe even 1/3 depending on strain.

6. i agree with Knoxis

7. okay so i dont veg until the height i want? Thanks didnt truly ever know that one! Okay during flowering can you still clip new growth to allow it to go into two branches or is there a time you should stop that and allow buds to go?

8. Law I already said this. You can veg for as long as you want. vegging comes first, then you flower at the appropriate height for you space like the others said. During flowering your plant will double in height. If you want you plant to be 2 feet tall start flowering when the plant reaches around 1 foot tall.

Topping the plant should be done in veg so during flowering your plant can concentrate on budding and not the stress and then recovering from the cut.