Veg Problems-Please help! (Pics)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by ilikeitsticky, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Hey.
    This is my first grow ever and i need a little help.
    I'm growing plants from some pretty dank mids seeds and i don't know if they are up to par.
    I'm growing them under two 18" compact fluorescent bulbs in regular soil.
    I have had them for about 4 weeks and i noticed that the leaves on the bottom of the plant are starting to turn yellow/brown and all the leaves are starting to wilt and don't look as strong and healthy as they used to.

I'm growing them in my closet in a 2' wide/4' high box.
    Also i just recently put it into a bigger pot than these pictures and i noticed that the roots look like they are growing mold on them.

If anyone could give me some advise or anything on what to do i would greatly appreciate it.

Here are some pictures.

Top view-
    [​IMG]

Yellowing on bottom-

[​IMG]

Close up on yellowing on bottom-

[​IMG]

Yellowing on leaves-

[​IMG]

Please any help/advise would be great.:smoking:

2. i dont grow in soil, but it looks like nute burn to me....maybe nitrogen deficiency also...hard to tell from pic's...i would say nute burn though...

3. What soil are you using?? Because your having nute burn.

You said when you were transplanting you noticed the roots seem to have mold on them??? Explain what you mean, if its White FUSS (hairy looking) on the root thats not mold, thats simple root hairs (good sign for healthy roots being oxygenating properly, usually found on the sides of the pot outside the root ball)

here is a picture... let me know if this is what your seeing.

Let me know the soil type your using and if you have fed it any nutrients lately..

[​IMG]

Also here is a root structure picture for you to see.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Yeah that what he roots look like in the first black and white picture.
    And the soil im using is just some i got out of some pots my mom had on the back pourch.
    I havent put anything in like nutreints or anything.

5. It could be lack of nutes.

6. or a ph imbalance...too high or too low..

7. no disrespect intended MB, but how can you disagree with dw? it's probably mg soil your mom had, they can survive it, not the best soil, not even good in fact, but they can survive it. awesome post DW.

8. Check the PH, according to the sick plants forum if it starts from the bottom its the newer leaves takeing nutrients from the older leaves for some reason. Wrong ph locks some nutrients out. I'm no expert but thats what I'v read.

9. Yeah,. what soil are you using?

10. Ok so if it is nut burn what would i do to prevent this yellowing from happing?
    Like what type of nutrients do i need to get for it?

Ps. Thanks for all your help everyone so far.
    :gc_rocks:

I will have new pics up in a week.:hello:

11. For nute burn u gotta flush the soil or re-pot in different soil.
    Probably should check the ph first though

12. The yellowing is because of PH (too high blocking out Nitrogen) your MG soil already has tons of all the stuff it needs, too much in fact so do NOT! add anymore nutrients unless you want the plant to die.

Test your runoff from the soil and find out what ph it is... and get also get some regular potting soil and repot to stop the nutrient burn.

The roots your seeing on the edge of the pot is normal.