Veg Lights for Flowering

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Smitty619, Aug 8, 2012.

1. I have 3 sunblaze 21's, 120w of CFL's and a sunblaze 48. 2 of the sunblaze 21's have flowering lights and all 2/7 of my CFL's are red spectrum for flowering. The rest are veg lights, and I won't be able to afford 4 new lights or even one for my sunblaze 48. My plants are flowering at the moment, and I heard there's not too much of a prob flowering under veg lights. I couldn't find anything about the topic on google or grasscity / other sites. Any answers for me? What are the cons of growing with veg lights during flowering? 53k lumens total, only about 6000 lumens out of then 53000 of them are red spectrum

2. Your plant will continue to grow under it but might not get as tall, develop less yields and buds might be fluffy.

Plants in veg tend to use more Blue, and in Flower mostly red. You wont be providing what it needs fully but the plants adapt just like they adapted to the spectrum you gave it when it was in veg.

Plants use more then those two spectrums but since its what they use the majority of the time most lighting systems revolve around that...the plant adapts itself.

3. Ok thanks. Do you think the yield would be cut back by around 10-15% or larger as in 50-75%?

4. Dunno never tried it.