Veg in hydro and flower in soil?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by itsmedical, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Is it possible to veg in hydro(bubble bucket) and transplant to soil to flower?

2. i think so but im not sure and im really stoned so i think it will work. It will grow fast in the hydro and then the soil would make the buds more dank i believe

3. Thats my goal, but I was hoping to get some input from people who may have mastered it, if it is indeed possible.....:confused:

4. i dont think it would be a very good idea at all... most people do indoor veg then throw it outside to flower all in the same soil pot.. i dont think its a good idea at all! to change hydro to soil. the roots are going to get smashed and what not. more harm then good im trying to say. its going to spend its flowering time to make up for root lost and then it needs to stabalize itself.. waste of precious flowering days lost.....

5. You can do it, the yield and quality will greatly suffer.

You want to avoid stress at critical turning points, like the conversion from veg to flower.

6. Yeah, I was kind of figuring it wouldn't be that great or you would hear much more about it, I was hoping for the best of both worlds. fast veg, and more dense nugs.....

7. ABSOLUTELY WORKS. HAS WORKED FOR ALL MY PLANTS THAT GET ROOT ROT TOO.

there will be a stagnant period while roots grow into soil. that was all i experienced.

i put the net cup and croutons *clay pellets* in the soil too. just burried everything. no nutes for a couple weeks in ffof with 50% perlite. thats how i did it.

8. thats pretty much my experience, the more root ya got the longer the "stagnate" part but it is done all the time. BUT! anything you do DURING the flower cycle had better be gentle. I like to transplant in to a very large container and go 12/12 about 3-5 days after. I try to have a ton of room for root expansion ALL through flowering, if a plant is gettin rootbound in the last 3-4 weeks of flowering you'll lose out on a lot of prime development.

9. #9 loizier, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010

i was under the assumption that in the final weeks, container size didnt matter since there is no new growth?:eek: :confused:

side note:
    i have read that some people use undersized bags and nute it harder and more often. also adding microzhea(spl?) is FOR SURE a must when using sterile soil or using undersized bags/pots.

word of mouth. you get what you pay for.:rolleyes:

10. Thanks for all the feedback, I'm really looking forward to trying this, and if it works speeding up the grow cycles hopefully

11. if you do.. make sure you use mycorrhizae fungi.. helps with the roots!

12. my strains have plenty of new growth all through flowering. and buds turn out fatter and longer with lots of soil. during flowering I get 25-40% bigger and when those nodes start popin out so close together and fillin in so fast its a sweet sight, I like to veg in two gallon pots and switch to five gallon right before 12/12.

13. Thanks for all your input, I'll keep you posted with pictures and updates. I should be putting them in the bubble buckets tonight....