Veg->Flower in DWC ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zpyro, Apr 19, 2010.

1. #1 zpyro, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
    Lookin for opinions on switching to flower in my bubble buckets...they got their first taste of darkness today, lights will come back on at 8. GDP and Blue Rhino plants.

I'm using FloraNova nutes. I've read differing opinions on how to transition to flowering. I've read to flush with fresh water, I've read to stay with veg nutes for a couple weeks, I've read to switch to flowering nutes immediately, I've read to switch to flowering nutes and add the MOAB I have to jump start the flowering process...any ideas on these? I switched the nutes to flower and added MOAB as it said on the label. I switched to the flower nutes upon the 12/12 transition last time and didn't really notice any kind of deficiencies...

Anyone else using the same bubble buckets + FloraNova setup? What ppm do you run, at what stages? The website for GH is saying to use like 1500ppm, I've been running ~400-500 max. My previous grow was in an ebb/flow setup, same nutrients. I didn't flush between veg/flower and I didn't notice any issues then, I'm just making sure about the DWC so I can make any changes if necessary ASAP.

Edit: reading some more, I'm thinking that if I flush the plants, they use up the N left in them. If I then use only flowering nutes, which have less N than the veg, they might be short on N, right? So since I don't flush, maybe I won't have any kind of issues? I'm more worried about the relatively small res size throwing things off from what I did last time than anything, I don't want to screw these ladies up as they're the best I've done yet.

2. Bueller...?

3. I run 5gal bubble buckets myself, not the same nutrients but I do run around 1000 to 1400ppm during flowing stage. I have always just gave them fresh water for one week before I switched to my bloom nutes. To be honest I don't really think it matters too much. Whatever route you choose im sure your plant will do just fine. Even if you just wanted to switch straight to bloom nutes, you won't harm them at all.