Veg and Flower lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Prettylights10, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Whats everyone using for veg and flower lights now a days?

2. t5 + cfls for veg. and HPS + cfls for flowering.

3. what ones of those exactly?

4. What are you asking?

I use combination of t5 lights + cfls for vegging. And a combination of HPS light + cfls for flowering.

5. Like the strengths of the cfls, t5 lights and HPS lights.

6. It's pretty obvious what's hes asking wattage wise lumens etc

7. The t5 I use for vegging comes with 4 tubes totaling @ 96 watts. I supplement with a few 42w cfl's and two 65w cfls in the 6500K range. For flowering I use a 250w HPS, and use the same amount of cfl bulbs and the same wattage that I used for vegging. Only they will be in 2700K range for flowering.

8. i replied with some links and such, you already know i use 150's and ill have to say that there pretty stright, the power consumption is a lil questionable, but i use 4 or 5 of the 26w 6500k cfl and a 150 mh for veg, has made some nice lil bushes then and 2X 150w hps and 3 26w 2700k cfl. nice rock hard nuggets sofarr

9. What else does everyone use?

10. 400w MH Veg, 1000W HPS Flower T5 clone rooting

11. For veg..
    8 bulb t5 with 6 blue and 2 red bulbs. (432 watts)
    8 bulb t5 vho air cooled with 6 blue and 2 red bulbs (760 watts)
    4 bulb t5 vho air cooled with 2 blue and 2 red bulbs (380 watts)

For clones...(for each setup, x3)
    2 blue t5 (48 watts)
    2 red t5 (48 watts

For flowering...
    7 air cooled blockbuster reflectors with 600 watt digital bal. (4200 watts)
    4 bulb t5 2 blue 2 red (216 watts)
    10 strip light t5 with blue bulbs (540 watts)

SignSmoker

12. It all depends on what you want. You can't expect to have the same requirements as everyone else. Read up a little bit on it, here's some info The Green Pages - Lighting

13. this is a pretty situational subject, everyones gonna use different light setups, everyones got a different room/box setup ill never be able to use a 1000w hps in the box i use it would melt the whole damned thing and burn my house down, so if u compare what your working with to others youll get a good idea of what to go with.

14. [quote name='"Chrismittty"']this is a pretty situational subject, everyones gonna use different light setups, everyones got a different room/box setup ill never be able to use a 1000w hps in the box i use it would melt the whole damned thing and burn my house down, so if u compare what your working with to others youll get a good idea of what to go with.[/quote]

Good advice...
    Like if we grew 5 plants our setup wouldn't be the same as it is for the number we grow.

To the OP...what size area are you using and how many are you wanting to grow.
    Maybe we could just give you advice as to what would work well in the given space etc.

SignSmoker

15. Even though this is a very situational subject I do like to hear what others are using. Especially since people are starting to branch out and use some pretty interesting lighting combos.

16. Im looking to grow around 2-5 plants and it is going to be in a 8x10 ft open room.

17. that's way too big a room. You should close it off into a 3x3 space by building a box and lining it with mylar or buying a grow tent. Otherwise you will be wasting light and space.

18. This is the lights I am going to use for veg:
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-FLCDG125D-125-Watt-Compact-Fluorescent/dp/B001UV6P9I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322861624&sr=8-1[/ame]

For flower I am using this:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/LED-Wholesalers-GYO2009-3-Piece-Hydroponic/dp/B004HNPGKA/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1322862105&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: LED Wholesalers GYO2009 3-Piece 400 Watt Hydroponic 6-Inch Cool Tube Grow Light Set: Home & Garden[/ame]

My online question is will this fit in this tent?
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/LED-Wholesalers-GYO1005A-Reflective-Hydroponic/dp/B002TZTS8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322862424&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: LED Wholesalers GYO1005A 78-Inch x 36-Inch x 36-Inch Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Also will I need to use ducting and a 6-Inch 240 CFM Air Duct Inline Hydroponic Booster Fan?