Veg 1 Month - striped yellow leaves HELP!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cranked211, Nov 25, 2018.

1. The subject pretty much says it.
    I really don't think it's nute burn.

What am I doing wrong?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Possibly looks like the start of iron deficiency. What are you feeding and how often?

3. Thanks for the response.
    I feed them Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow, Bloom.
    But - so far only very small amounts.
    I feared too much water so I haven't fed them for a few days.

I'll feed them full nutes in 1 gallon of water today.
    They're in 5 gallon pots - as you can see :)
    Usually I give my plants 1/2 gallon of nutrient mixed water (per AN spec) every 2 days.
    How often should I feed them?

4. Couple things. What is ph in and ph of runoff?

This is a classic magnesium deficiency and could be caused by ph so let’s rule that out first

Assuming this is in check, a teaspoon of Epsom salts dissolved in a little hot water then added to your gallon of nutes and watered in will help get added magnesium to the roots. You can also dissolve a half teaspoon in warm water and combine with 5.5 ph water and foliar spray the undersides of your leaves for faster uptake.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Soil uptake chart
    0C99013B-2410-402F-B7F0-82061968E2E8.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Man, I keep trying to avoid the whole ph issue.
    OK, how do I check the Ph?

7. With a properly calibrated meter, test strips, or drops

8. That meter is junk. A ph meter like vantakool is what you want but you have to keep it calibrated. If feeding bottled hydro nutes, you should feed to 20% runoff. And definitely to test ph you should get runoff

9. You can test the soil a rough way as well. Just look up on youtube home ph testing. All u need is some baking soda, vinegar and you'll get a rough test. Either ph to high or to low shows. Thats my suggestion :) good luck bud

10. Ph home testing

11. Sorry about the hyperlink had issues linking it

12. So...wait, you're feeding micro, grow, and bloom at 1 month veg? Hey Coco, does this look like nutrient lockout to you?

• Like Like x 1
  13. WOW! Thanks for all the responses.
    That vid was helpful.
    The hyperlink worked fine.

I bought the yellow Vantakool. It should be here in a few days (I hope).
    So far the nutes I've fed them have been very light.
    You see how big they are. Those are 5 gallon pots.
    What should I be feeding them?

14. Your ph will tell all. If you want to do the Epsom salt feeds like I mentioned above, that might start to fix it but knowing ph will narrow it down better

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Well, I did the hillbilly test. No fizz - with either vinegar or baking soda.
    Hmm.
    I mixed up a gallon of distilled water, 1 tsp epson salt, 2/3 tblsp vinegar.
    I put some into a sprayer and sprayed the leaves, mostly the underside.

I added nutes for veg (not bloom), lower strength for smaller plants.
    I watered both plants with it.
    We'll see what happens now.

I can't wait to get my Ph meter.
    Thanks again for all your help.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #19 evotoiy, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    okay, that's good no fizz either way means you have a neutral ph level.
    Thumbs up!,
    Try stopping all nutes intake and see if your ppm levels are to high, cannabis love ppm of 500- 600 for seedlings, 600 - 1000 for vegging, and roughly 1000 - 1200 for flowering, its the mineral intake which can cause many problems as well as ph levels,. but since you have a neutral ph I'd recommend not adding nutes to water for now see if that helps, when nutes are added to water your ppm will soar, for example my regular tap water has a ppm of 500ish, if i was to add nutes lets say 2ml base plant nutes and 2ml of bloom nutes, it would raise my ppm levels to the 650 - 700, which at the seedling stage could harm the roots, and stop growth due to lack of nutrients intake, the roots get clogged, because of how high the mineral levels are.

PPM isnt a usual problem but can assist in higher yields.
    TDS meters are just as handy as the PH meter.

usually in veg state you should be adding nutes near the 3ml to 5ml, in base and bloom.
    but remember to up there doses slowly, for example i started my little ones on there 3rd week with 1ml base and .5ml bloom, 4th week 2ml base - 1ml bloom, and now 5 week ill be upping it to 3ml base - 2ml bloom. after hitting veg stages ill lower base and up bloom.

17. Thanks for your reply.
    I'm afraid to not feed them any nutes because I fear I might have starved them a little.
    The nutes I fed them were very low. I suspected nute deficiency.

Soil2Coco suggested Epsom salts because he says it's clearly a magnesium deficiency.
    I got 1 gallon of distilled water (ph @7) and added 2/3 tbsp of vinegar to pull the ph down just a bit.
    I added 1 tsp Epsom salt to add magnesium.
    I made a folier spray with that and sprayed the leaves (3 days straight now).
    I added nutes (micro, grow, bloom) measured for small plants in veg.
    I gave both plants 1/2 gallon, skipped a day and this morning gave them the other 1/2 gallon.

The leaves continue to get worse.
    Some on the bottom are yellow all over the edges & look like they may die soon.
    In my experience corrections don't happen quickly so I'm hoping we've corrected it and just don't see the results yet.

Once I get the meter if the ph is off I'll probably flush the plants with ph corrected distilled water thoroughly, then feed them a gallon of ph correct nutes (measured for small plants in veg).
    Then I'll let them dry out for a couple days.

What do you think?