Vector?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Vzsel, Jun 5, 2012.

1. So has anyone sold knifes for this company called Vector? It seems like a pyramid scheme to me, and several friends told me it was... Anyway I have an 'interview' today, I was going to go for shits and giggles but decided i'd rather get stoned instead...their rates are 15$/hr, but thats kind've too good to be true..

So I'm just like fuck it,

has anyone else heard of this company?

They've been sening me letters for weeks.

2. #4 Smokey55109, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
    Damn it, you too?
    They are totally a pyramid scheme. Not exactly a scam, but it's definitely set up poorly.
    You pay for the knife demo kit and don't get paid for training. Also you're paid on commission. It's kinda...sketchy I guess you could say.

3. My brother sold knives for Vector... I don't really know the specifics but I remember him telling me it wasn't necessarily a scam.. don't expect a career selling knives but you could make money working for them

4. I know someone who balled out and made a lot of money working for them. He ended up even going to Detroit for a week (paid trip) to push sales over there. They dont lie to you, you basically get what you put into it. So its technically a hard job, youre going to random places selling VERY expensive knives, so it is not easy to make the sales. And if you dont make the sales, there is no hourly wage. So basically, you have to be very good with people and selling or you will just lose a few hundred bucks

5. Yeah fuck that, they called me and left me a voicemail...ahahha.. I don't want to tell em' I'm not doin it cuz the lady was really nice..even tho its her job, id just feel bad:b.

6. [quote name='"Smokey55109"']Damn it, you too?
    They are totally a pyramid scheme. Not exactly a scam, but it's definitely set up poorly.
    You pay for the knife demo kit and don't get paid for training. Also you're paid on commission. It's kinda...sketchy I guess you could say.[/quote]

Yea and they're fuckin annoying....

7. I thought you were going to talk about cereal here.

Suppose I was wrong in this instance.

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

8. [quote name='"falcon10911"']I thought you were going to talk about cereal here.

Suppose I was wrong in this instance.

Just wanted to share my thoughts.[/quote]

........there's seriously a cereal named 'vector'?:eek: what is it?

9. I went on a job interview for cutco or something. Essentially door to door knife sales. It was a group interview where a lady stood in front of 10 people and talked about the company and selling and shit. after about 5 min i realized i'd need to pay into the company for a sales kit and then i'd only get to keep like 20% of my sales. I put down my notepad, and just walked out. The look on the womans face was priceless.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

10. [quote name='"Craiggers"']I went on a job interview for cutco or something. Essentially door to door knife sales. It was a group interview where a lady stood in front of 10 people and talked about the company and selling and shit. after about 5 min i realized i'd need to pay into the company for a sales kit and then i'd only get to keep like 20% of my sales. I put down my notepad, and just walked out. The look on the womans face was priceless.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.[/quote]

Aahahaa yeah, I knew it was a halt when I have too pay for my own kit.

But yeah I think they're affiliated with cutco.

11. Meal replacement cereal for active adults with active lives.

Apparently.

12. i totally applied there major scam. basically you get scheduled for an interview and go in with a group. they tell you how the knifes basically sell themselves and what not (sales pitch) then they want you to fork out around 150 for a demo set and then go sell them to friends and family. also you only get 15 per hour for sales meetings with customer follow up. basically you can make money but only if you feel comfortable skrewing your friends and family over.

13. my buddy was recently telling me about that job. He had it for like a few weeks and said that it's possible to make the money but you gotta spend alot of time (outside of work) working on things to make sales and whatnot.

also said the knives were the shit and he bought a set with his discount before he dipped.

14. You and Snow balls should hook up for vector tread.

15. Those cutco knives are sharp! My parents bought a set and I wish I could take them home with me. Fucking cuts through bone like it's not there.

16. #18 GanjaGuru92, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
    i was gonna do that. i went to the power point and everything. it just seemed like some sham rented out in an office so i didnt go through with it. they were trying to sell you a job too hard and thats not how interviews go. the first thing you do is go talk with some fine chick, then she tells you that its hard and not many people are selected to do it, then she lets everyone continue when only 50% are selected or something. they just came off as trying to get me to join something, like the military where they say how good it is, when its actually very shitty.

17. one of my good friends does it. he said if u make a sale of like 1000 dollars (which is like the full set i think?) he gets around 150 bucks to himself. if u want to make consistant good money from it though, it takes a lot of work finding people to meet with and finding the right people that need the knives, because you are not going to make a 1000 dollar sale all the time, more likely a 20-70 dollar sale. if u are dedicated and like being in sales, its good practice and experience for a more professional job