Vector Nitro - Required butane?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by panicandrew, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Hey GC,

I just got my Vector Nitro in from ***, I'm in Canada so I can't really get Vectors own butane, especially not in PEI, Canada.

My question is, how refined should my butane be?

It's hard to find good butane here, I don't know if I can find 4x refined butane on the island without getting a store to order it specially. What kind of stores would sell highly refined butane? The one smokeshop here only carries 3x.

Will 2x or 3x refined butane be okay for the Vector?

Much appreciated.

2. 3x would probably be fine, but if you plan on making your own oil you should shoot for the 5x at least. Just don't use cheapo butane with a ton of additives, my buddy has had his nitro for like half the time I've had mine and its starting to crap out most likely because he uses the cheapest butane he can find for the torch and I only put 5x refined through mine, which is still working as good as the day I bought it.

Fyi you can order the 5x vector 'tane off amazon for about what it would cost retail, though shipping to Canada may be a deal breaker.

3. Yeah unfortunately I don't think any website is going to ship butane over the border for me. :(

Thanks, I'll see what I can find.

4. 3x is fine for your vector torch, but i do not recommend using 3x refined for any extractions. my buddy has been using 3x in his for the last month, the LHS was closed and the cigar shop was still open and only has 3x. i cant notice any difference from 5x, and i have never used anything but 5x in my nitro.

5. [quote name='"panicandrew"']Hey GC,

I just got my Vector Nitro in from ***, I'm in Canada so I can't really get Vectors own butane, especially not in PEI, Canada.

My question is, how refined should my butane be?

It's hard to find good butane here, I don't know if I can find 4x refined butane on the island without getting a store to order it specially. What kind of stores would sell highly refined butane? The one smokeshop here only carries 3x.

Will 2x or 3x refined butane be okay for the Vector?

Much appreciated.[/quote]

Canadian brands that are like vector, best I've used it colibri, there is also some London(pretty sure made by colibri) I find these at 711, only 350 a can, 7$ a can at the smoke shop/10 second walk away...? Cant remember the last butane I used, I also found at 711(don't reccomended for bho) but it was only 2.50 a can
    Go check your nearest 711 store.

6. Does anyone know where to get vector butane online wholesale?

7. #7 USSChallenger, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
    best I can find is 12 cans on Amazon for about $60.(either 60 with free shipping or 30 + 30 for shipping). If anyone has a better/bigger bulk source I'm interested.

Edit: Looks like it can be had for about a dollar cheaper per can (4.60 instead of 5.50) but you've got to drop some serious dough Amazon.com: Vector Butane 5x Case - 96 Pack: Kitchen & Dining

8. I've had nothing but problems using my Vector Nitro w/Vector butane. They use a plastic tip which makes refilling harder versus cans that use metal tips.

Neon has a metal tip and works well. I was also able to find Power butane on Amazon and that has a metal tip, too.

9. Had my sparker/igniter shit out on me, uber butthurt since it hasnt even been a year.

10. The Nitro should have a warranty, so you might want to look into it.

11. Same thing happened to me just last night! Gotta empty the tank out then I'm gonna warranty that b***!

Check out their Warranty

P.S. Mine's been going strong for a little over one year now.

12. Heads up GC, I've used the cheapo butane torch from Bed, Bath & Beyond and besides craftsmanship being cheaper than the Nitro, it works well as a backup torch :smoke:

13. So my real question is - Seeing as really there isn't much other option - Is Colibri okay to use?!?!

14. i wudnt go 2x or 3x. especially not 2x. go 5x. 

15. Colibri is fine

16. My vector torch just blew up in my hand.