1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

vatoloco's SWC Part 1

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by vatoloco, May 13, 2003.

1. First off I should say don't try constructing anything while your stoned...there's a big difference between coming up with ideas while high and trying to make those thoughts into a reality.

SWC is Shallow Wature Culture, a simpler version of DWC otherwise known as bubble buckets. This method of hydroponics is easy to set up and similar to Ebb & Flow and Aeroponics...this is just a quick quide to get you started in creating your own hydroponics system, all suggestions and comments are welcome and encouraged!

Here is the tray I'll be using, it's about 38" long 19" wide and 7" deep.

Attached Files:

2. Here is the lid I'll be cutting...

Attached Files:

3. The net pots are slightly bigger than 3" so that the lip will hold and the pot won't fall through.

Attached Files:

4. Now you will need a 3" hole saw...

Attached Files:

5. ...and a drill of course lol.

Attached Files:

6. Now drill holes into the center of the circles...

Attached Files:

7. ...and cut out the holes.

Attached Files:

8. Not done just yet, make sure you cut all the plastic debris out of the holes using a sharp razor blade...be very careful when doing this and don't blame me if you cut yourself!

Attached Files:

9. A perfect fit, so far so good...stay tuned for Part 2 of vatoloco's guide to SWC.

Attached Files:

10. Very Nice!!.....But Can I Ask where you got those 3" baskets??

11. I got them at a hydro store here in town called Worm's Way...all the other supplies you can find at Walmart and Home Depot.

12. What size plant does that basket support?

13. Good question, it can support plants up to about 2 1/2 ft tall...I'd suggest getting 5" or 7" baskets for anything over 3' or you'd need to make a seperate lid for flowering...when they get that big it tends to get unstable and weight can shift easily....but this lid is basicly just for vegging or cloning.

14. Would those 3 inch pots be acceptable for a sea of green technique using the SWC?

15. Sure, that's basicly what I'll be doing...just as long as you keep them a decent distance apart. I might make a screen for it but I'm not sure yet.

Grasscity Deals Near You