Vatican welcomes Lady Warsi's comments on 'intolerant secularisation'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JayF, Feb 14, 2012.

1. #1 JayF, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
    I've pulled some excerpts, that I felt the need to comment on, from the following article, find the full article at the link.

Vatican welcomes Lady Warsi's comments on 'intolerant secularisation' | Politics | The Guardian

"Intolerant"? That's rich, coming from a proponent of the single most divisive group of constructs ever invented by human beings, whose respective followers believe, almost by definition, that they are the only ones that can possibly be right and that everyone else is bound for an eternity of torture.

Read: benefiting from and partaking in, and therefore condoning, the pilfering of billions upon billions of dollars from the pockets of some of the most vulnerable, poverty stricken countries and peoples on the planet, under the pretence that a donation to the church will somehow absolve you of responsibility for your (and Adam's) past transgressions, and might, just might, buy you a ticket to an equally human invented eternal happiness.

All of which are now irrelevant to religion, or I should say, to which religion is now irrelevant.

How about raising issues in which the Vatican does still carry some weight and which should be higher on their list of priorities; like HIV/AIDs and their irrational view that condoms are murder weapons (which stains their own hands with the blood of countless innocent children born with the death sentence); the still rife issue of paedophile scumbags the Vatican has proved impotent (or unwilling) in eradicating.

...and our pogroms, Inquisitions, dictatorships, sectarian wars, witch hunts, suppression of enquiry... throughout which they were claiming to be infallible, as they still do, despite the occasional half-arsed apology.

Architecture I will grant them, but a few pretty (and largely useless and expensive) cathedrals do not even come close to reparations for signing treaties with Hitler, Franco and various South American catholic dictators, and staunchly defending them.

Teaching kids that if you masturbate and don't repent you'll go blind or burn in hell is hardly the teachings of an ally of freedom. Nor is demanding that you forever praise and glorify a capricious supernatural supreme being that will damn you to hell if you don't agree with him. Freedom my arse.

Faith had a seat at that table for 2,000 years and more. They had a throne at the head of that table. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, we can see how royally they fucked it up. They should never, ever, be given a seat at any table again. They won't even get leftovers from any table I'm sat at, I'd sooner give them to my dog.

Call me an intolerant secularist if you will, but there's only so much I'm willing to forgive. Until they take responsibility for some of their past actions, they'll get nothing but criticism from me.