Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Various questions

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Kevin Gibbs, Mar 6, 2018.

1. I would like to preface what I'm about ready to say with an apology. I'd like to think that most of what I want to ask is already on this forum but in my defense I've never been much of a Wordsmith and it seems to me like I'm not typing things into the search box well enough in order to get results or results that are relevant. So, please don't bash me too much.

I'd like to ask a few questions involving growing marijuana and making concentrates.

I'll start off with the question that I had about growing marijuana. Okay, basically I purchased a fully automated hydroponic grow box from cloudponics and because of the height of the device I'm smart enough to know that it's not going to hold 6 large plans so what I grow needs to be short or if I decide to grow something that's huge I need to stop it before it gets too big. Anyway, my question is I've always been told by various people all people that consume marijuana that if I was to grow that I could most likely expect 1.5 lbs off each plant ( please correct me if I'm wrong or slightly incorrect) and it seems to me that that figure is based off the real tall plants and I wanted to know what I could expect off the shorter ones as far as a yield. And by the way, I would appreciate it if some of the more seasoned users here didn't bash me for purchasing such an expensive grow box I basically did it to take out the guesswork and the other thing is this particular grow boxes incredibly secure. Plus I have never dealt with Hydroponics before in regards to growing anyting and it seems to me based on the videos that I've watched and speaking to employees of cloudponics that this stuff is so simple that pretty much anybody can do it for the very little knowledge or expertise.

The other things I wanted to ask or once again involving making concentrate.

I purchased a closed loop system for making concentrates the problem is and I could be wrong but it seems to me like the heating pump went out or is it least on its way out because the temperature inside the device when it's completely sealed with the vacuum seal thing stays around 71 degrees Fahrenheit. Anyway, if the device is under warranty or if it even has a warranty I plan on speaking about somebody about the possibility of shipping it back if it's in fact broken but anyway I wanted to try making concentrates on the stove using Everclear 190 proof and I wanted to know at what temperature does alcohol exploded or catch fire because I want to make sure that I stay underneath that temperature I guess that's where the term low and slow comes from correct? Plus I'm thinking the lower the temperature the longer it'll take to come up with a concentrate that's consumable and that's not a big deal but I'd rather be safe than sorry even though I've got renters insurance.

I also wanted to ask if there is a benefit to doing a short wash versus a long wash. Use your imaginations in regard to what a short wash is versus long wash basically the first wash that I've ever done I soaked the material for about 3 minutes after having the Everclear and weed in separate glass containers in the freezer for about 3 days and I consider three minutes a short wash now I'm doing a second wash even though I'm not done with the first one with a different strain but I'm planning on letting it sit until I run out of concentrate that I've already got and it just so happens that I'm on a tolerance break so it'll be even longer for that stuff to sit in the freezer. Anyway I wanted to get everybody's opinion on the length of time a person should wash their material.

I also wanted to ask why did my first batch of concentrates come out so dark I'm used to seeing pictures and videos and things of concentrates that are gold colored usually and I wanted to know what I did wrong basically when it came time to strain all I did was use a large mixing bowl, the wet material and a piece of cheesecloth and what I did was basically put the material into the cheesecloth ball the cheesecloth up sort of similar to the way a homeless person would carry their possessions wrapped up in a bandana on the end of a stick (you know in the movies and stuff) and I basically squeeze the hell out of it until my arms and hands got tired if I remember correctly the first batch that I ever ran in that closed loop system the liquid ended up being very dark I want to say maybe like a military green or an olive drab or something like that and as time went on it got lighter I suppose because the alcohol was evaporating anyway at the end of that particular process the concentrates that I came away with for a very dark and I wanted to see if anybody knew why. What can I do different. Now keep in mind when I do this again I'll be using the stove because the heating pump is broke on that closed loop system.

Okay we're getting into the home stretch I've got 3 more quick questions.

How would I alter the consistency of my final product basically what I've got now that I'm consuming is pretty similar to Roofing tar as far as consistency and appearance and I wanted to see what I can do to alter the consistency to maybe make something that I can snap off or maybe make something that was whipped looking in appearance I can't really give everybody an example but basically something that's a little bit easier to maneuver around.

Also, I heard through another group on Facebook that the colder the temperatures are the better. And if it's possible I wanted to see about the possibility of getting ahold of some liquid nitrogen and if that's not possible maybe some dry ice anyway, my question here is is it possible for the Everclear or the material to be too cold?

And the final question that I had in regards to making concentrates was a 3-part question. Should I de-carb first or should I let the pot on the stove do that for me? Also since I'll be doing this on the stove is low heat or medium Heat my best option?
    And finally, the pot that I'm using two evaporate off all the alcohol should the pot be covered or not? Now, before everybody freaks out the pots that I have have glass or Pyrex Lids to them and there's also a small hole in the Pyrex or glass which I assume is used for ventilation of some sort and obviously I don't want all that alcohol to be trapped in a completely sealed environment because I'm not entirely sure what the exact temperature that I'm going to be using is and I don't have a temperature gun and I don't want to risk the Everclear exploding or Catching Fire.

Anyway, one final apology I'm sorry about dictating a novel basically.

Hopefully you guys can give me some advice.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

2. Skimmed your post. I would suggest that you take each section/issue in your post and put them in the relevant forums. I'm sure that some nicer folks will come along and help you with all your questions here.

3. Most of your questions are valid, just make a separate thread for each subject. It may be better to learn about making concentrates when you're actually making them instead of some murky time in the future but I do want to warn you about heating alcohol, don't do it in the house. Alcohol vapor is heavier than air and will travel along surfaces looking for a spark to ignite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. God damn it. I just bought a $300 27 piece pot and pan set with lids and the lids also contain a brass hole.. so, still not safe?

5. no use a crock pot

6. Is that 200% safe in a one-bedroom apartment?

7. I'll make separate threads...mods please clos3