Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Variations in the taste of bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by blkarmphoenix, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Hey blades (and bladies).

I was just curious as to what alters the taste of the buds? Its tough to describe, but the dank I smoke always varies in how it "goes down". The danker indicas I buy generally sit really heavy in my lungs, with that urge to cough, and a distinctly skunky MJ taste. I just picked up a quarter of what, after a few tokes, seems like a good dank sativa and the taste is remarkably different. It has more of a light, "greener", almost minty taste.

Can anyone tell me what causes the variance in taste, and if it means anything?

Here is a crappy pic of the bud. Could it possibly be the hairs giving it the minty twinge???

[​IMG]

2. The taste has sooooo many factors as to what effects it, this can be from strain, to the variations which happened during the growing process (ex. soil, amount of light, PH levels, cured or not) and even how old it is, if its like 6 months old and is so stiff and crunches to the touch then it will taste like asshole. and taste can be effeted by what you smoke out of too, blunt, glass, aluminum foil, plastic. and a minty taste in my book is a delicacy :) enjoy lol

3. Minty!!!.......Om NoM NoM NoM.....

4. ya someone not long ago posted a list of all of the 'components' for lack of a better term, that make up MJ that are not the principle 3 cannabinoids (thc,cbn,cbd) and listed which ones contribute to smells flavors and contribute to getting you high etc. wish i had that thread bookmarked

5. My kush tastes like fruit mayne

6. Variations in taste are generaly from one of a few things... Either Strain, drying/curing process, or what you chose to smoke out of. Good growers will tell you when you properly cure your crop you can bring out all kinds of flavors from blueberry to pepper and anything in between. often even one taste durring intake and one durring exhale. If you've ever bought a bag that looked good and tasted like grass or was extreemly harsh you have experienced quick dried bud. Typicly longer curing= Improved taste.

7. you shuoldn cure too long then youd get fungi growing on your bud, then you smoke it then you die

8. Well one thing is for sure. Its got me stoned:smoking:

Cheers to the minty weed!

9. a lot of different factors, but a general rule of thumb is that regs taste like shit. sativas usually have a fruity/citrusy taste to them but you never know. sometimes the bud doesn't have much of a taste at all and hits real smooth which is nice. As to what causes the taste? Many factors I'm sure...Strain, how properly it was cured, freshness, etc...

10. #10 ncbudlover, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011

You should read up on cureing... I dry it till the outside is dry (usually 3-5 days) then put it into mason jars opening it to allow moisture to escape once a day. I have never had a mold problem and I leave it in jars until I decide to smoke it. It gets continually better taste wise for months.

Edit: Yes it is possible to have a mold problem but only if you put the bud in the jar when its too wet or you dont burp the jars to relieve moisture. So i suppose you were half right

11. just picked up some good high mids tastes like the smell of flowers

12. Yeah I know what you're talkin about. The actual molecules responsible for the distinct smells are terpenes.