Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Variation Tolerance?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ned Schniebly, Jan 14, 2012.

1. my friend and i shared a bowl of kief yesterday and somehow the subject of tolerance arose. I had been smoking joints and blunts lately (actually, about three 1-2 gram j's/bleezeys on the daily) and had built up a decent tolerance. I still got very relaxed, but for some reason as my tolerance increased my geeks decreased, anyway...i was astounded at how faded i was from just one bowl of kief (bowl as in handheld bowl, not a bong bowl, i finally cleaned my bong spotless for a base/foot repair and am not risking getting it dirty). Then my friend, who was also very faded, was like "yeah bro, i heard you can get like bong tolerance, j tolerance, etc. apparently its good to use a variety of consumption methods when smoking because you feel higher since you don't have a tolerance to that form of smoking" i though it was bs at first but then thought about it. Perhaps different ways of smoking take longer to reach your thc saturation level in your brain then others (i don't mean you need more weed, im just saying it take longer. like a j compared to a bong rip. a j gradually gets you higher and higher whereas my bong after like two rips im high as shit). Perhaps when one way of consumption is repeatedly used, your brain becomes accustomed to the rate at witch the saturation occurs with that method, therefore varying your methods will allow for a different feeling since your brain is not accustomed to it.

P.S.-im really baked rite now so if this makes no sense, then i apologize for wasting your time. other than that, keep the oven on high (stay baked).

oh and i can post pics of my trip perc bong if anyone wants. its not a ROOR or anything. i got it from a friend for $70 and i think he payed $200-$250 for it. its a "reckless" bong.

2. I kinda get what you mean, but I'm not sure if it's really true. For the past year almost, my tolerance has been really high because I've been smoking everyday. Usually I take bong rips when I smoke, and it usually does the job well, but when I smoke out of a bowl or blunt, I feel like I've just wasted weed I could've smoked out of a bong. :bongin: Idk man, I'm pretty high too, just my opinion.

Also, hell yeah post a pic of it

3. It's all in your mind. I mean the bigger the hit is the higher you get. That's the science, I suppose.

4. Fun fact: after using hallucinogens, one's tolerance to herb drops significantly.

5. well guys, idk about you but its time to take a tumble down the rabbit hole. biznatches.

6. oh and bong pics are coming later today.

7. Smoke stronger shit an you will get high.

Btw A water pipe is more filtration so it's not as strong as a joint...This your answer to your own question.

8. .....THC is not water soluble, all the THC passes through the water unscathed aside from a very miniscule amount.

9. #9 FitStoner, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
    [quote name='"OriginUnknown"']
    .....THC is not water soluble, all the THC passes through the water unscathed aside from a very miniscule amount.[/quote]

The other 85+ compounds are water soluble to some degree. Your argument is invalided because thc is not the only thing that effects you.

Cbd>Thc

10. Tolerance sucks ass, sure you look like a badass clearing a 20" B two or three times without coughing and still getting only a lill buzzed, but why would you want to be less efficient? Its like burning a lill more gas each day on your way to work, I'd rather be blazed off .2 then getting a small buzz off a g, then another, then another..

11. Yeah, I think it is all in the mind. What I did is cut way down for about three days (Just smoke a few bowls all day) and my tolerance lowered a bit.

12. It's true.

Your brain is like a towel. To achieve great high, it's needs a splash.

Drips can work, but towel is constanty drying if you know what I mean.

As for tolerance, your brain tolerance is like a flood mark. It'll take another flood to reCh high.

13. [quote name='"Rinst"']Fun fact: after using hallucinogens, one's tolerance to herb drops significantly.[/quote]

How is that a fact?

Personally my tolerance stayed the same but I was able to identify the psychedelic aspect of cannabis more than ever.

But I still smoked the same amount.

14. Since a fact is considered a universal truth, then I guess this would not be a fact instead a strong possibility to most. Everyone I know (no hyperbole literally everyone which is roughly 50+ people) who has flirted with Lucy, dealt with Dmitri, or fallen into the shroomery has reported an extreme drop in tolerance when smoking a few days after the mental recovery stage. Now I may be wrong that this happens to all people, but from vast personal experience I can say this happens to a majority. All in all, I'm actually sorry for you that you don't experience this, it's wonderful.

15. May be hanging on the edge of forum discussion rules, but I'd have to admit I get like this too, and I've read from several places (and experienced) that blazing often brings back feelings from past endeavors. Problem is both good and bad feelings tend to resurface for me, I guess a psychonaut's trip isn't over until a particular revelation is made apparent

16. Typically I have noted that this resurfacing of feelings tends to have a deeper connection to one's sub/unconscious. I remember one circumstance in which a pal of mine actually discovered repressed memories and learned to deal with them in one sitting with a group of the five of us, no therapist involved. It really depends if you want to face these feelings now, or as you basically say, wait until the revelation is made clear.

17. Bongs and pipes deliver more THC to the body than joints or blunts.

18. [quote name='"meep92"']Bongs and pipes deliver more THC to the body than joints or blunts.[/quote]

How to certain tools deliver more THC. Actually it's the other way around. Joints an blunts deliver more chemicals into your body. Where pipes and bombs filter out other chemicals reducing the effect, make the gas smoother. But also requiring more to have the same effect.

I am not talking out of my ass. I have 2 glass daily. One for a harsher stronger smoke and a smoother smoke.
    I also use activated coconut carbon, 1/2tsp is equal to a foot ball size field of filtration.

19. How do you use that stuff? Just drop it in the bong water, or put it in the base of the pack?

20. My down stem on my US tube. It's a massive downstem. But any stem would work. I have only used it on my tube the way is set up. But I also have the attachment that goes under the bowl. But I never use it.....