Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vapped herb is ready to eat right?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by mumbojumbo, Mar 15, 2012.

1. #21 BadKittySmiles, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    While you 'can' get a buzz if you waste a TON of material, simply activating herb is not how edibles are made. We use the 'edible solvents' we do (ie. oil, alcohol), because they facilitate absorption.

That's why decarbing is the first step, when making oil.

Before folks get too cocky with their replies, they should really consider doing some research.. because when you're wrong, and you've been a bit of a jerk in how you shared your info, you don't come out looking so hot! :p

It's perfectly reasonable to be polite when helping folks out, in fact, it's the right way to go about it. ;)

2. [quote name='"rickster74"']

Bollocks. You're talking shit Karl.

Why would you want to waste your ABV that way. It will be nowhere near effective. Yes, you have decarboxylated it by vaping, but your body still cannot effectively absorb it in the digestive tract without being bound to fat molecules or to ethanol.[/quote]

Finally someone with a brain! Thank you

3. some people just don't seem to get this, even tough it has been asked over and over again.

If eating decarbed weed would get you high efficiently, do you think all the lazy stoners out there would take the effort to make butter/oil/tinctures? We use solvents for several reasons.Increased efficiency (potency) being the main one, and ofcoure because eating dry plant matter isn't fun.

4. Yeah, I can imagine it being like eating a spoonfull of dry bran...but tasting even more like shit.

5. if no one asked no one would be as informed as yourself, and you may need to double check things before you act like an end all know all.

BadKitty got everything else i was gonna say lol.

6. [quote name='"doob3r"']

if no one asked no one would be as informed as yourself, and you may need to double check things before you act like an end all know all.

BadKitty got everything else i was gonna say lol.[/quote]

Nothing I said was wrong.

7. I just ate 2.6 grams of vaped weed with ice cream, i'll test it out live.