Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaporizing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OpenThirdEye, Dec 25, 2011.

1. My lungs have been suffering due to cigarettes. Cooking with bud that's chopped gets me too blasted for too long. I need a vaporizer. I've used a VapoGenie, a standard box vape with an elastic tube, and a cylindrical metal vape. The box got me the highest. My friend who tried a volcano said it costs too much.

I have some questions for experienced vape users:

What types have you used?
    Which one is your favorite?
    If you were a regular toker, did the vaporizer noticeably help your health?

2. #2 infiniteawesome, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2011
    I've only ever had one vaporizer. I got Da Buddha Vaporizer. It was cheap and effective.

I got it because, like you, I was concerned about my health. I had already gotten into shape and given up cigs.

I had been toking almost every day for six years and was finally tired of smoking the stuff, just because I was going through so much of the stuff and my lungs were starting to feel shitty especially if my exercise routine got ignored.

Once I started using a vaporizer, my lungs immediately started to show signs of improvement, I could last longer at every task, I didn't feel nearly as tired, and yet I could still get high and feel all the benefits of that as well. Not to mention my portions per smoke session were cut in half, while I was still getting high as fuck!

I highly recommend it, even though you still cough with the vaporizer, its due to the THC being an irritant, and you just can't get rid of that if you're inhaling. Don't get me wrong, the vaporizer is still doing you damage that edibles circumvent entirely. But it's SOOO reduced by comparison to smoking.

The standard whip style vaporizers don't go far above 200 degrees, which is HALF the temperature of combustion. So you never really get close to burning the material.

The taste is NOTICEABLY different and not nearly as pungent. The only time I miss smoking is when I smell a joint. NOT a bong mind you, but a joint, because that's where you get full flavor. A bong hit is nice and powerful, but the taste just can't ever compare to a joint. Unfortunately, this is the ONLY drawback I can think of to the vaporizer. The taste just isn't there.

I've heard people say that vaporizers just don't get them high and to them I say piss off. The high is different, I'll admit, but personally I find that favorable. The high is less "cloudy" and tiring.

There is far less odor and it doesn't smell like cannabis smoke, so less people are likely to recognize the smell unless they've been around or have vaporized marijuana before.

Finally you can save the old used vaporized buds, popularly dubbed "vape poo," and extract whatever THC remains by simmering it in water with coconut oil or butter. The high from such edibles is noticeably more "couch locky" due to some of the cannabinoids being in stronger concentrations than the THC and thusly making the high less "up."

For the price, Da Buddha is an excellent choice, but so is the HotBox from what I've read.

If you are seriously ill, however, I would recommend the Volcano as that has perfect temperature to air control and you want the most amount of THC with as little carcinogens as possible if you truly are in need of marijuana for its medicinal benefits.

3. For portability, stealth, and control of vaping temp, the Magic Flight Launch Box is wonderful. I've found that the heat of the vapor is the main irritant, but using the 12" whip (a $6 accessory) cools the vapor so I never cough.

I've used it in a movie theater, bar, work bathroom, in a city park. No one notices. I'm a weed wimp, so get easily and nicely baked on just a few hits.

In general, vaporizers allow you to use much less weed. An eighth lasts me a month or so using the MFLB.

4. Sir, look at my sig.. if you want portable, stealthy as fuck, minimal smell, nice appeal and just an all around quality vape click my sig :smoke: everything you need to know on the magic flight launch box

5. What types have I used?

I have a few wealthy friends who are vapor addicts, they constantly are buying new desktops and portables just to test them out and I know a bunch of people who own Volcano's. Of course I would take a volcano over anything the price is the highest but there are a bunch in the 100-300 dollar range that will get you sufficiently high as balls and won't break after a few weeks.

My favorite?
    Desktop (other than the volcano) I would say go for the Silver Surfer, the quality is damn impressive, Ive owned mine for almost a year and haven't had one problem. The whip gives me great sized vapor hits and gets me as high as any of my bongs do.

Portable I would say is my Arizer Solo, I own a MFLB and am just not a fan of it's short battery life and the fact I don't get too high with it. The Arizer Solo has temperature settings, a long ass battery life, and I can get sufficiently high off two bowls.

Has it improved my health?
    Hell yes, I went from smoking out of bongs/joints/blunts all day everyday to using vapes 95% of the time. I like to work out, play sports, and run and I can for sure notice the difference. Less chest pains, barely any coughing, and when I try to go to sleep after vaping it's so much easier.

My advice is to not be stingy with your money when buying a vaporizer. You might think by saving yourself 50 bucks it's worth it but when buying a cheap vaporizer you risk the chance of it breaking after a few months. Spend the little extra and it'll go a long ways.

Try here to look at reviews for different portable and desktop vaporizers.

6. Quit cigs for good and have a 2 month T-break from weed. After the break just smoke weed and fuck the cigs for life :)

7. The type that you plug in, and a little heated plate inside a glass bubble heats up your weed.
    A Vaporstar
    The MFLB
    The Arizer Extreme & Extreme Q

The Extreme Q = Best
    Vaporstar comes in second.
    The one I'd least recommend is the cheap glass bubble ones, they just singe it all the time.

I was quite a regular smoker yes.
    I cough a lot less now, when I first started vaping it kind of prompted my lungs to cough out all the congested crap they had in there, bit harsh at first but when it stops it's smoothe sailing.
    These days I feel a little bit less "puffed" if I say excersize or walk up a hill etc, and my general lung capacity is a bit better too.

I would shell out for the extreme q.
    Nothing bad to say about it at all. You use very little, it's SO quiet, fills you up about 5 bags of awesome vapour out of very load. It's not up there at volcano prices, but for the quality of the unit it's a fair price. SO happy with it, honestly, it's like no other vape has come even close.

8. the extreme Q vape by arizer is in my opinion the best because it is almost exactly liek the volcano, but significantly cheaper nd a lil smaller.. it comes with a hose, bags, and a remote.. you can even turn on this fan that pushes the vape into your mouth.. haha for lazy ass ppl liek me :) .. but you can get one off of amazon for about 160$$.. and it significantly shows how much weed it saves

9. I've only used the Iolite, MFLB and Volcano. I also used a really cheap crappy whip but that doesn't really count...

My favorite out of the three was the Volcano, but it's a terrible comparison as the other two are little portables, not a big table top vape and all serve very different purposes. Honestly, with vaporiser models it all depends on what you want, I don't think there's one definitely 'best' vaporiser.

And it definitely does help in terms of health. My lungs feel a lot better since I moved from smoking to vaping.

Also, if no one's said, check out www.fuckcombustion.com , got lots of really good info on vapes.

10. Trust me when I say that the Vapir NO2 was the best decision I ever made. You taste the bud and it never hearts me to breathe in vapor. Visit the link in my signature, I wrote up a review about the vaporizer. It's portable as well so I can easily use it at home or take it out with me!

11. i just made a similar thread a couple days ago. im prob gonna get the mflb because of the great feedback iv heard about it. it has a perfect warranty also.

12. I might be one of only very few people to say this, but I didn't think the mflb was all that great.
    Sure it's sneaky and portable and wins there hands down, but really it's quite a dry vape, doesn't give great flavour, and took me ages to charge the batteries that ran out SO fast.
    I personally wouldn't recommend it.