Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaporizing

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sagan, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Hello everyone, I've recently decided to ditch my traditional smoking method and start vaporizing. I ordered a Vapor Warez standard online, however the site claimed they were out of stock DAYS after my order was made,(hoping I was going to have it by christmas) anyhow, now they are sending me the HotBox vaporizer at no extra charge instead. It looks a lot cooler than the VW, however the lack of a temp control is the tradeoff.

Anyways, as i've never vaporized before I decided to try the lightbulb method before my hotbox arrives. I managed to create some pretty good vapors and inhaling the hit was in a different league than the smoking i'm used to(taste wise and the headstonedness), however, every time I puff a big bowl of vapor my lungs get this really annoying tickling sensation. everytime I inhale i want to cough, and it makes me feel a bit uneasy. can anyone relate to this? is it just because im using a crappy vaporizer and the vapors dont have long enough to cool? any advice would be appreciated.

2. My only other theory is that it's the vapors absorbing into my lungs, perhaps they absorb slightly slower than smoke?

3. be safe....

4. the lightbulb thing is not a good reference for a quality vap, I tried it once and thinking back it tasted was to chemical (even if you use a clear bulb and dont have to remove a coating) I got a volcano vaporizer (I believe it's the best on the market) and it makes a much smoother toke, main reason for this is the indirect heating element (i started with the cheap BC vaporizer which is a little metal dish on top of a soldering iron basically, very poor and mettalic taste)

alot of people i see use the volcano set the temp to max which makes the smoke a little harshe (not as bad as a joint though) when there is no reason, I can get 3 good burns setting a volcano on 5.5.

a good reason for a vaporizer if you do not smoke ciggaretts you will not be taking in any significant ammount of the tar and cancer causing agents as you would with joints / water pipes which is why it is a popular choice for medicinal use.

also it is very economic, as (at least as it claims) to vaporizer 95% of the avalible thc, (i think joints are like ~30%? not really sure) and you dont loose anything between puffs (where a joint would just keep burning) you use less grass.

I find mine cool for parties and stuff (fills up a bag with vapor you can pass around) but cleaning it and replacing bags can be a little much for a lazy stoner for use every session.

i still find myself rolling joints most of the time but if im low on product or just feel in the mood the vap is great.

im not sure about the hotbox thing (way to high for research right now) but id look into a volcano if you have the cash (cost me like ~$600) from germany after all the B.S tax and the postal charges.

so far only ongoing cost was buying new bag material (think a box which is good for about 5 bags (average size, you can make them as small/large as you want) was about ~$12)

I clean mine and replace the bag after about 10 uses.

still working great after about a year

if you are sticking with the hotbox, hope it works for you if you still get a poor taste don't give up on vaporization :smoke:

5. Are volcanos available in the states. I could have swore I saw one at firefly's in B-more

6. ^^^oh yeah they have them here.