Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

vaporizing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bleenix, Mar 20, 2012.

1. hey guys, I'd just like to share a bit of info, I've been having chest pains when I smoke out of a bong or steamroller so I threw $130 on an EasyVape EZV Digi Extreme. Since I started vaping I've experienced little to no chest pains. just a heads up to anyone who suffers from them!

image-3953902087.jpg

2. I think there will be a drastic increase in the purchase of vapes, because although smoking is fun, it definitely takes a toll on your lungs.

3. [quote name='"JoeObey"']I think there will be a drastic increase in the purchase of vapes, because although smoking is fun, it definitely takes a toll on your lungs.[/quote]

for sure. the only thing I don't really know is what to do with the vaped weed. am I vaping it for too long when it becomes dark and not that green? I wanna eventually make edibles but I feel like since it's dark in color the cannabuttter would look kinda gross

4. Welcome to the vape club man. I have an Arizer Extreme Q myself.

Haha cannabutter always looks gross.
    Well, in that it looks like green butter...

My suggestion is though if you want to make half decent canna butter, don't take your vaping quite that far - I'd at least leave it at the point it STARTS to brown but still has visible green-ness.
    Not only will you be assuring that you're only getting the best tasting and best quality vapes, but you'll get some better edibles out of it too.
    Don't much like the odds of getting something too good out of browned postvape.

Another thing, when you eventually get around to the butter - Add a BIT of fresh bud, look up how to decarb it in your oven. Also throw in any stems of leaves or tips you can if you know someone that grows at all. Any little bit helps.

Will be a while until you can actually make a batch of butter though man, you can always try firecrackers first if you're interested in experiencing edibles.

Good luck with it, let us know how you go.

5. [quote name='"RandomThoughts"']Welcome to the vape club man. I have an Arizer Extreme Q myself.

Haha cannabutter always looks gross.
    Well, in that it looks like green butter...

My suggestion is though if you want to make half decent canna butter, don't take your vaping quite that far - I'd at least leave it at the point it STARTS to brown but still has visible green-ness.
    Not only will you be assuring that you're only getting the best tasting and best quality vapes, but you'll get some better edibles out of it too.
    Don't much like the odds of getting something too good out of browned postvape.

Another thing, when you eventually get around to the butter - Add a BIT of fresh bud, look up how to decarb it in your oven. Also throw in any stems of leaves or tips you can if you know someone that grows at all. Any little bit helps.

Will be a while until you can actually make a batch of butter though man, you can always try firecrackers first if you're interested in experiencing edibles.

Good luck with it, let us know how you go.[/quote]

awesome thanks! also one more question, when I used to smoke from a bong I would smoke ridiculously tiny amounts at a time, does it matter how much you put in a vape?

6. I can't comment on all vapes.
    With mine, it's the type that fills up bags, so a bit like yours with a fan?
    The amount I put in is probably bigger than a cone/bowl worth by about a half but it will last much longer and get like say 5 bags?

So depending on your model you might need to put in a bit more, but, it gives a lot more.
    The draw-on-demand ones like you have are meant to be pretty good in that they'll keep the weed unburned/unvaping until you draw the air through them as I understand it.

7. I have an Extreme Q and and a MFLB. Vape is great. :)

8. Vaping is such a great way to get high. You conserve your cannabis, save money and save your lungs. Very happy to hear you joined the club. Even though I vape I still enjoy ripping a RooR.

9. If what's left in your vape bowl is mostly dark, like black or very dark brown it's a little "overvaped" if you want to make other things with your AVB (Already Vaped Bud) like edibles, you want it to be light brown, like when the green is gone it's most likely done.

As for hits, you will be able to take a LOT more from your vaporizer then a normal bong, reason is bong use combustion (fire) to activate the thc and result in a smoke you generally don't want to inhale (but hey were smokers aren't we?) and with the vaporizer, the name gives you a hint, it's vape. Non toxic smoke, no combustion is needed most vaporizer works with heat flowing trought your weed without igniting it at all. Personally when I use my vaporizer I prefer taking many smaller hits then taking one big hit like I would do with my bong.

10. Even with a dark brown herb, you could make decent edibles, but you could also try and make hash or tincture!

11. this. Although i do like my bong, i really do forget to use it, ever. Vaping has took over for me, and i kinda wanna get back to using my bong every now and then, but i sit there and think.. why? I can get higher and taste my herb better with my Buddha.

12. [quote name='"JoeObey"']

this. Although i do like my bong, i really do forget to use it, ever. Vaping has took over for me, and i kinda wanna get back to using my bong every now and then, but i sit there and think.. why? I can get higher and taste my herb better with my Buddha.[/quote]

Why compromise? I use my Silver with all the glass that I used to use for smoking. As long as the glass is clean, you still get all that yummy taste of vapor, just a more concentrated, cooler hit.

13. Had an iolite, it was already.. it got the job done but wasnt that dense of smoke. it was confiscated, now on to the iolite WISPR and it is AMAZING.