Vaporizing tastes so bad!!!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by RedMagpie, Feb 16, 2013.

1. I've had my extreme q for about two weeks ago now and I'm not impressed. My biggest complaint is the taste. It's so bad I can barely stand it! My weed is good when I smoke it and I'm pretty sure I'm not overheating it. I usually keep it at 180-200 c. Is there anything I can do to make it better?

2. It could be just the vape breaking in since its new and you are getting traces of surface finish but it should go away soon enough.

3. Ya gotta break it in or something, once you have been vaping for a while smoking will taste like shit

4. Did you turn it up to full for awhile? I have a DBV, everyone really loves and comments how it brings out the really tasty properties of weed. :confused_2: :D

5. Did you run it with on high for a while? The instructions tell you to..

6. This except i have an eq.

7. Quality of herb is important. Mids are absolutely awful in a vape but fine for smoking to me. Some dank strains I get just don't taste right in a vape, yet there are other dank strains that taste absolutely lovely in a vape. Assuming you have a strain that will taste good to you in a vape, the temperature is very important. Start low and work your way higher. You'll get the hang of it and find that sweet spot. Keep in mind not everything you vape is automatically gonna taste better than just smoking it.

8. My friend has the same problem. Personally i just think he doesn't know how to smoke it right, and probably is catching it on fire, which will make it taste super shitty. As for me my vape taste like CANDY. Its so sweet, and flowery, i honestly absolutely love the taste. :smoke:

9. could be it is just personal preference. While I prefer the clean taste of a vape, some folks just need that burning sensation to feel "right".

10. That's weird, it should taste x10 better than smoking.

11. When I first got it, I let it run on high for about 20 minutes before using it. I've used it 2-3x a day since and just still can not get past how nasty it is. It tastes like soap or something, not even close to weed. I love the taste and smell of weed and bought this for my lungs (for $280 at that!) and I'm so disappointed. It does seem to be helping my lungs, but the high isn't the same and the taste is gross.

12. #12 marsdude89, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
    I'd have to say your weed probably tastes like shit to begin with. Vaping gives you a truer/purer taste than smoke.

You definitely aren't overheating, combustion point is around 240C.

Pick up a different batch of bud and try your luck with that.

13. I hate when people brag about their weed and it actually shit, but I do have good weed. I get it directly from someone who grows and it's some serious skunk. Right after vaping, I usually smoke a bowl out of the bong and it tastes and smells awesome to me. I just don't quite get why the two tastes would be so different. I am thinking about adding other herbs like mint or chamomile to improve the taste. I wouldn't normally consider that, because I love weed, but damn it I'm going to use this vaporizer!

14. OP your issue here is perplexing, everyone loves the taste of vapor!

I was going to suggest the initial 'burn-in' like everyone else but sounds like you got that covered. I have an Extreme Q and although I don't find myself vaping as much as smoking from my glass, I still love it and have found the taste to be wonderful. Moreso with the whip than the bag if you haven't tried both methods, doubt it matters but gotta narrow things down, in case one of those is giving off a bad taste.

The vapor should in a way taste not quite as strong as it may when you smoke it, but will be way cleaner and more defined. I've actually never heard of anyone complain about the actual taste of vapor, some people actually still prefer the taste of smoke and such, but never have I heard anyone call vapor gross. It is gross when you are burning it in the vape accidently but you are setting your temp fine, and if the heating unit is defective it would be obvious when your weed burns after the first pull or two.

With this considered thus far though I'm going to lean in the direction of some of the other responses, it could actually be your green man, you have to try some different bud from a different source. I especially am almost sure it is this when I put together the facts that you got the bud from a grower you know, and the taste as you described in the vape is... soapy.

No doubt he might grow some good herb but my concern is that the bud is not properly flushed of nutrients. The only time I have ever heard anyone use the term soapy with weed taste before is with bud that wasn't flushed properly, and that is a common scenario with green from home/local growers. Vapor will bring out the best and worst of the bud's flavors, so it may be no surprise you don't taste anything bad while smoking.

I would see if you can get some different bud from someone else, or let someone else try their bud in your vape (clean it the best you can... without soap :p), so even if my hunch is wrong then you can be reassured of your green's quality and can start looking into what other options you may have with the vape.

15. Not to say your weed is shit, but sometimes great weed tastes like shit.

16. Yup. Could be very potent weed but not flushed correctly.

17. i use an iolite which suits my applications. i grew some white widow once that tasted funky when vaped. i agree with marsbergen, sometimes great weed tastes like sh-t.

18. well i'm just saying if you think vapes taste bad how does smoke taste then??? lol

here's a tip: Chew strong mint gum while vaping
    I do it and it not only makes the vapor feel cooler b/c of menthol, the vaper tastes amazing in my opinion

19. ..vaping..bad t-tas..taste. I can't get my head around that. I'm just blowing a huge cloud from my EQ through my bubbler and thinking on the amazing terpenes at work.

If your vape tastes like anything other than weed should, it's defective. You should be in taste heaven man, it just doesn't make sense on a logical level to me.

20. This is what I was gonna say.

Smoking... You really do get some much less taste.
    And in part that means anything even slightly wrong like residual chemicals such as nutes or pestisides is much more noticeable.

This would be my guess.
    Or just bad/bad tasting weed.
    But really, the first one (or not turning it all the way up and burning off the packing chemicals.