Vaporizing substances

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by enjibenji, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I'm planning on giving up smoking, I'm down to about 4 per day (mixture of cigarettes and joints) but I need something else to give me a push.

I know it is possible to vape other things apart from weed, does anybody have any first hand experience in this kinda thing? What else can be vaped and where could I buy it?

2. ....there are all kinds of herbs that can be vaped...just google vaping herbs...

3. I have had a look on google but it all says specific temperature's etc, I use a magic flight box so not sure about the whole temperature thing. Just asking for people's own advice who vaporize other herbs

4. If you have a sage plant, pick a few branches and take the leaves off, dry them with a dessicant or just let them dry out naturally. Once dry, crumble them up like weed and stick it in your vape. I love vaporizing sage as vapour clouds do come out and it has a nice minty tasty. REALLY good if you have a sore throat or cold.
    Maybe it would help you kick the habbit so it tricks your brain into thinking your inhaling smoke and etc.

Give some dried sage a shot :)

5. Thank you SO much, this is exactly the advice I was after. Sounds perfect - but do you think it's ok to vape sage in a magic flight box?

6. Yes I love sage and chamomile and kava kava root as well as good old weed!

7. Do you use dried sage or fresh?

8. #9 VladTepes, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    Personally, I tried it fresh right off the plant. Didn't like it so much because I think it had too much moisture in it.
    Instead I took a few branches and plucked a really large amount of leafs, put them in a dessicant chamber to dry (google dessicant chamber and you will see) Once they were really brittle and broke to the touch I crumbled them all up and stored the ground material in a glass container. I still have a good amount left, This reminds me though, I should go pick more before winter comes rolling around, I have a huge sage bush in my backyard which has been around for years. Otherwise I think it would get rather expensive to vape store bought sage, Even then I wouldn't trust vaping it because I have no idea what they did to it.

I find vaping sage provides a really nice calming effect. I get small vapour clouds off of my SSV set at the normal temp I usually vape. The taste is really similar to mint but it's kind of a "warm" vix feel. Hard to describe but it is pleasent.

Chamomile I haven't tried, Kava Kava I want to try because I know it is beneficial, but you gotta be careful with it.

9. Ooh, that sounds so good. I love sage (well, with my food, at least) and I'm always catching colds. Will definitely try it out. I'm assuming it will work the same with preground sage from McCormick or whatever? I have no sage plants...

10. I found that vaping sage really helps when I have a cold or sore throat.
    I'm not really sure about the pre-ground sage from any company as I wouldn't know how pure it is, if they added anything, etc. Also it might be too finely ground when it comes from them.
    I would say if you want to, go ahead, I don't see it doing much harm. It might just not taste as natural as freshly dried sage.

Goodluck :)

11. I mix the kava root with other things and only use it in small doses. I use dried sage, the fresh is just a little too overwhelming for me.

12. The showstopping question for wannabe vapers or various herbs like us is where can we buy these various rosemary, eucalyptus, sage, and mint etc. etc. and have them delivered to our houses in a pre dried, already vapable form? I'v tried and found squat.

13. I have tried in my verdamper and firefly; Sage, Lily flowers, Cloves, CBD oil, BHO, Bubblehash and Kava Kava wax
    All of these apart from Cloves were quite pleasant ... cloves reminded me of the dentist

all the non cannabis related things there were bought from health food stores and the ones that vaped at similar temps to weed were white lily and CBD oil - sage was a bit higher i found

there are a lot of other herbs available from people like "herbs of the gods"

I havent tried fresh herbs in the verdamper only dried but they make my weed go a lot further when mixed in ... it enhances the experience i would say