Vaporizing and Sprinting

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Vinnyx1, Feb 18, 2015.

1. I am a sprinter for the track team. Keep in mind that sprinting requires explosive movements and overall being fast with a good reaction time. I recently bought a vaporizer so I wouldn't harm my lungs as much. Will vaporizing weed impair my muscle growth? Or slow down my reaction time, make me less explosive, basically anything to make me slower like alcohol would? Any answers would be nice, thanks.

If you are still in puberty then cannabis can cause all kinds of issues with your mind and body. If you're well out of puberty then vaporizing can cause short term issues with your lungs and cardiovascular. Nothing like smoking though. And unless you're talking Olympic time trials, probably not enough of a time difference to notice.

3. I've met chefs who ran the Los Angeles and long beach marathons while chain smoking, no joke. They're about 40 to 50 years old and got decent times.

Not encouraging smoking, but it doesn't seem to affect them greatly.

4. Not talking about marathons, talking about sprinting. short bursts of energy

Well... am 18. So probably still in puberty, but I just want to know if weed will kill muscle recovery like alcohol does, therefore hindering my speed and muscle gains.

5. I think you may be overly worried.

Michael Phelps sprints in water, he wasn't slowed down from bong hits.

Yeah, you're still going to be in puberty for a few more years. It's effect on your body has been proven to be unknown for sure. I've read that it effects people differently and to different extremes so it's impossible to say what it would be doing to you. This is why kids shouldn't do it.

I'd suggest not using while you're actively training.

7. Very true, I wonder if he did it during his season though, not just the offseason.

8. I'm 18 and I play lacrosse (pretty explosive) for my college, I smoke pretty much everyday, but I also workout often and try to eat healthy. I have not seen any affect in my playing performance what so ever. And I love in montana (6,000 feet above sea level) so the air is already pretty thin and I have never noticed smoking making a difference. I think as long as you are healthy and workout regularly you should be fine.

Actually it has. He doesn't use it when he's training, only when on break.

10. So the off season?

11. But then again, all my football and wrestling buddies smoked ON season, they did pretty well and never complained about losing performance, only that they had to pass drug tests (fake penis works well for them).

But who knows.
    If you think consuming cannabis will affect the your sports, it's time you choose which one is more important and stick to that. Seems you can't have both.

Yeah, when he's not actively swimming.

13. It's funny, I'm great at all sports, but I denied all my coaches of any sports because it conflicted with my cannabis smoking.
    Which I'm glad, because all of my friends have some sort of pain, whether fingers wrist elbow shoulder neck knee pelvis ankle toes etc...

Fuck sports, I'm listening to the old 70 years that walk around like 30 year olds, they all tell me impact is terrible for your body. I'm going to listen to the wise ;)

14. I guess, unless I vape in moderation. Once a week