Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaporizers - Worth it? Effective?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by devilsheep, Jul 9, 2011.

1. I'm been seriously considering getting a quality vaporizer to substitute the majority of my smoking, as I worry about my throat and vaporizing is just way healthier.

Would those of you who have smoked a legit vaporizer say they are worth it? Do you get just as high? Is there any difference?

Thanks

2. Id say its well worth the investment. Like you said its easiest on the throat and lungs. Also when using a vaporizer your receiving 80-90% of the thc compared to 30-60% when smoking any other way because at no point is your herbal remedy combusting. Vaporizing delivers a very unique and clean high throughout the body which is a nice change of pace.

Enjoy

3. Yes. It is different, but you will enjoy it I'm sure. It has many similarities to smoking, but also just feels WAY cleaner. Once you get used to the high, you'll realise you getting much higher than smoking does.

It looks like you have the right idea on which to buy. Do not go cheap with a vaporiser, as you will feel let down, and regret wasting the money. I'd say be ready to spend at least $150.. but you will make your money back in no time with the amount of herb you will be saving.

Is there any particular thing you are interested in a vaporiser? Such as big hits=instant stone? Efficiency (saves weed)? Cheap but still effective? Bags? Whips?

4. Absolutely the best paraphernalia you can invest in. You do get more of a cerebral high, but you can get couchlock from vaping at higher temperatures. The best part is not only do you use less bud, but you can reuse your already vaped bud.

5. I can't wait til my MyrtleZap comes in. From the very first time I inhaled that sweet sweet vapor it was my favorite way to toke. No lighters, no papers, no glass that needs cleaning. The best of all is the efficiency. Any experienced toker will tell you that you only need a little bit of herb to get blazed. This is especially true with the vape. .3g will get you higher than any joint ever could. Plus, none of those nasty carcinogens!

6. Vaporizers are my favorite way to receive THC hands down.

I get high as shit off of such little bud. Pretty much no waste when it comes to vapor.

The taste really comes out through the vape.

Plus, you can attach a bong to it so you get some really nice vapor rips. I'm getting a HVY straight tube soon and I'm going to attach it to my vape.

7. Like it was said above don't skimp on a vaporizer I would say if you have the money go all out and get a Digital Volcano Vape. It is the healthiest vaporizer and gets you completely baked.

8. I've been considering getting the Magic Flight Launch Box how does everyone feel about this particular vape

9. You could get the MFLB if you want a little conservative vape for 100 bucks. I have one and it works great just for that.

...On the other hand what vape gives the biggest rips? Anthing similar to a bong hit? Im thinking of DBV but idk what to get

10. With practice you can get nice hits from a MFLB. It is not as strong as a plug in vape so it takes a few more hits to get up there. I like it though for it's portability and the fact that there is no warm up time. WAY stealthier than a pipe.

11. And i just like the look of the MFLB, i've looked at Da Budda before but i dont wanna drop that much cash if i dont like it. The closest i've come to hitting a vape was one of those piece of shit lightbulb contraptions. And i feel like im missing out i've been smoking for year's out of bongs,pipes,joints,blunt's,Edibles, like everything except vaping

12. I got a Da Buddha vaporizer, and it's what I 'smoke' out of 95% of the time. My bong is not neglected though, because I connect the whip to the bong intake and bubble the vape through the bong... resulting in massive hits of vapor with zero stress on the lungs. It tastes really good, gets me way higher than smoking, and I get to keep the vaped weed and cook with it.

Check this thread out - http://forum.grasscity.com/general/845887-official-vape-poo-appreciation-thread-3.html, to see how your weed can get you high twice :smoke:

13. I have had it for a while and in an honest opinion get another 100 bucks together and buy a better vape.

14. I'd rather buy a bong.

15. yeah if you have the money you might as well get the best and pick up a volcano. the high from vaporizers are different then rippin the bong or smokin a blunt. definitely safer for you as far as your health goes. doctors recommend using vaporizers to their patients as well.

16. I have a Vape Bros unit and it gets the job done. If you have never smoked one be in for a surprise, very deceiving...

17. I have the mflb and i highly recommend it. Of course it doesn't hit as hard as a volcano, and since each hit takes about 20 seconds it'll take you longer to get a sustained high, but it is just as effective in my opinion. Plus, it is so small and relatively innocent-looking that you can take it with you almost anywhere. I've saved a lot of bud from switching to the MFLB. As a tip, if you end up getting a vape make sure to save your vaped bud. i re-grind the vaped bud and mix it with fresh stuff into bongs and joints.

18. #18 iskonhxc, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Forgive my ignorance, but how can you re use the bud after you vape it. Ive never used a vaporizer before is why I ask.

19. Edibles :)

20. I have a SSV (silver surfer vaporizer) which i spent around $300 on and its worth every cent. I was used to smoking out of my bong before I bought it, and initially it took me a week or two to get used to it, but I loved it even more than the bong.

I noticed that I smoked about as half as much with a vaporizer and got just as high as my regular amount with my bong. The high is not exactly the same, it doesn't make you feel worn out or blown away like actual smoke, but I still trip and can get a nice couch lock from vaping without noticing much of a distinction. Plus, it comes with a whip which I can put in the down-stem of my bong to get a bong hit of vapor. Also, all of the vaped weed that I have saved up will inevitably put into a some baked goods, and yes, it does work.

If you're going to get a vaporizer, I suggest not going any lower in quality than the magic flight launch box, because most vaporizers (not all) under $100 come with too many extra parts and are usually very prone to breaking.