Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaporizers Suck!!!!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bobbert, Jan 5, 2006.

1. please explain how you know that all ingredients are removed from vape heat. (not calling you out; but i've looked for research on this but just haven't seen it)

2. #122 RandomThoughts, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
    I think the idea is, the THC vapourises at lower temperatures than it takes to get the other stuff airborne/vapourbourne.
    I don't know the science or the exact temperatures though.
    So yeah THC doesn't need as much temperature as the other material would.

Wiki says:
    Vaporization is an alternative to burning (smoking) that avoids the production of irritating toxic and carcinogenic by-products by heating the material so its active compounds boil off into a vapor. No combustion occurs, so no smoke or taste of smoke is present. Vapor ideally contains virtually zero particulate matter or tar, and significantly lower concentrations of noxious gases such as carbon monoxide.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer_(cannabis)

3. Vapes also extract CBD's, as well as THC. Those are the two active ingredients of cannabis. Vaporizing simply limits your intake of the entire plant matter to only the active ingredients. That means no tar, carcinogens, other nasty shit that gets burned up and inhaled with combustion.

The nasty stuff is what you're thinking of when you're wondering what's "missing" from your high. Personally, I don't miss it at all haha

Vaporz4Lyfe, but to each their own

4. Google THC and CBD boiling points for proof that a vape can release those actives. In class right now or I would find/link it for you

5. Yeah, I've tried two different kinds of vaporizers (one was a hand-held wooden box type thing, the other was a standard sit-on-the-coffee-table type of thing) and didn't reallly feel anything either time. Either its hard to find one that actually works right, or I don't know how to use them. lol

6. [quote name='"manumoka"']If you notice the brown weed left over after vaping, that tells you you're not ingesting the whole herb. The lack of heat (no fire) leaves some ingredients in the carbohydrates. So the experience is less of the complete experience of combustion.

And I don't think the extra tar is significant with smoking unless you blaze multiple times a day.

So I prefer smoke.[/quote]

What? Carbohydrates? Also...what lack of heat? Fire may give off heat, but not all heat is fire. There's quite a bit of heat from a vape - far more than enough.

[quote name='"manumoka"']

please explain how you know that all ingredients are removed from vape heat. (not calling you out; but i've looked for research on this but just haven't seen it)[/quote]

Ill happily explain. There's many cannabinoids in cannabis, THC included. THC, CBN, and CBD are the most common and effective, but there are quite a few more (60 or so I believe?). EVERY single one of them has a flashpoint (the temp where they activate) that is well below 500 degrees fahrenheit. All except a rare few are even below 400 degrees. Cannabis combusts at 500 degrees...meaning that its quite easy to vape everything out without combustion. Many vapists stop prior to getting those last couple cannabinoids for taste reasons, and the relatively little vapor at the end. Those that do often cook or use these leftovers some other way to utilize these last few. This does not mean that you can't get everything with a vape. Science very easily shows you can.

In fact, with combustion you destroy quite a few of these actives due to extreme temps (2000 f with a bic). This is particularly true with cannabinoids (like terpenes) that have low flashpoints.

7. I have a vapor brothers too, get a glass on glass adapter so you can use a bubbler or bong, you can get fatty vapor milks, they get me WAYBAAAKED, maybe you just suck :p

8. This thread makes me chuckle every time I see it. I have not combusted in 6 months or so. I actually turn down medicine if I have to burn it. I would not refuse to medicate if I needed to and did not have a vaporizer. I have found myself able to vaporize at home with a good desktop unit. I can always grab a portable on my way out the door.

9. [quote name='"Bobbert"']This thread makes me chuckle every time I see it. I have not combusted in 6 months or so. I actually turn down medicine if I have to burn it. I would not refuse to medicate if I needed to and did not have a vaporizer. I have found myself able to vaporize at home with a good desktop unit. I can always grab a portable on my way out the door.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. I got my eq in beginning of September and have only sparked up twice since. 1st time was about a week after starting vaping. It was horrible. 2nd time was last week after I had made some dryice hash. We rolled a fattie using good bud and the hash. I smoked 2 hits and it didn't even taste good, ended up pitching it. Truly converted to vaping all the time now.

10. that's completely a matter of opinion, it takes some getting used to but in time i've gotten WAYY higher off my vape than i could ever get from my bong, all while using less weed

to each his own :smoke:

11. I dont know how you woudnt like vaping your getting more pure thc then lighting on fire theoretically youd have to feel higher. Maybe you only like the the effects of thc combined with smoke but i bet if you take a nice tolerance break then started vaping only youd be blown away. I got a whip style vape a few weeks ago and my first session with it i got FUCKED i packed it up a bit started sucking and like 40 mins later realized i had been staring at my vape for like 40 mins lol

12. Just vaped a pack of 50/50 weed and chamomile... Im surprisingly high.. I prob used like .15 of nug

13. [quote name='"Bobbert"']I cant hold it in any longer, I have to say it. I think vaporizers suck!
    [/quote]

Blasphemy..

14. [quote name='"H4Boxer"']

Blasphemy..[/quote]

If only you saw his more recent posts =o

15. you could uhh send me it lol i like vaping and it keeps the smell down so you can use it without worry of someone in the house smelling it

16. Op if you said this to me irl, I'd sit you behind an extreme q whip with a fully packed bowl. Then mid hit, I'd pull out the remote and set it to 225C and F3 mid hit ;)

17. Nice turnaround, OP
    Glad you have seen the light!

18. #138 didier12, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
    I got my arizer solo portable vape a few days ago, and the first day I used it I thought it was good but there was something lacking from my high like a cloudy head sort of feeling.

Anyway since the 2nd day of use I have absolutely fell in love with my vape, I now prefer my highs without the cloudy head feeling and I think whatever is in weed that contributes to that also contributes to a decrease in productivity and an increase in paranoia and anxiety and also makes you crave. Since I've been using my vape I feel like I'm on a tolerance break no cravings for weed no paranoia no anxiety, and quite frankly I get higher than I would with using the same amount of weed in my pipe.

Also heavy pipe smoking over the years has slowly contributed to a eustacian tube problem for me which fucks with my ear pressure, now that I'm using my vape I don't get that problem.

Vapourisers are the absolute best in my opinion! I can vape all day pretty much without feeling burnt out.