vaporizers bad for throat?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Bone Thugs, Jul 22, 2007.

1. I'm glad this thread got re-started, because I've been wondering what's been going on when I use my MFLB.

The first hit, which is fresh green bud that probably still has some moisture in it, is nice and smooth. No problems. Every hit after that though seems to irritate my throat. I'm almost wondering with many vaporizers if it's not a heat issue, but a moisture issue?

I mean think about it. All vaporizers pretty much work the same, they "roast" the weed, thus drying it out completely. So with THC being a slight natural irritant anyway, I really wonder if we could simply add some moisture back into the bowl(maybe reuse an old visine eyedropper with distilled water) and that would cut back on the irritation?

Anyone try vaping some weed that wasn't quite cured yet, see if some rather "moist" buds would be any easier on the throat?

I'd seriously like to figure this one out, because I absolutely love the heath benefits of vaping, but sometimes I get coughing really bad after the 3rd or 4th hit off my MFLB...

2. It is a moisture issue and is the reason that I hit my vaporizer thru a bong filled with hot water. Super smooth and super easy on the throat and lungs. Better than ice for this purpose.

Some people are more sensitive to this issue than others though. If hitting your vape thru a bong is out of the question, keep a glass of ice tea or some other liquid handy and sip before and after each vapor hit.

3. ha yea didnt look at the date of the op, someone revived this thread and i just saw it at the top of the seasoned tokers section

4. I have a V-Tower as well. Vaporizers are not bad for your throat...however if you inhale too much 'smoke' from a vaporizer your throat will become very irritated for a short period of time. This doesn't mean it's bad for your throat...anytime you inhale a foreign substance your body's natural reaction will be to get rid of it.

5. MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX

i bought mine a month ago and have been using it daily since. it is such a great investment and saves me weed and money

6. You shouldn't vale at 420 tats why it seems so hot. I like to start around 370 an max around 380. The dryer the ganja the lower the temp. Wetter higher. The volcano is the best bc it allows the smoke to cool in a bag until your ready to inhale and get high. The vapor no2 is the best handheld potable vape I've had. Volcano best overall but was quite expensive. Saves lots of money though and the leftovers can be used for goodies.

7. WO
    Wow. seems so cool. Which vaporizer you think is the best?

8. The first time I got a vape it was a solo 2 with a glass stem. I vaped all day and my throat was fuked by the end of the day, mostly from dry hot air. Get something that has water pipe attachments.
    20190527_153024.jpg 20190527_152845.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Herbal Vaporizers (ceramic oven) may still irritate somewhat. But much less than any type of combustion. And because you aren't combusting the herb it doesn't stink up the house. In fact it smells like an air freshener instead. I use mine to combat any allergy asthma. Opens up the bronchial tubes quickly like nothing else.