Vaporizers..are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Cannibite420, Jun 10, 2010.

1. So, I have a really nice Lux bong, spent about $350 on it. But, I keep thinking about how cool a vaporizer would be. But, I don't know anyone who has ever had or used one, any suggestions/advise?

2. its deffinatly a different high. In my opinion, its alot less social high and more of something you do when chillin at night watchin tv or something. Its all body high and no head high really. I cant exactally explane it lol.

If you can drop 300 on a bong, you should be able to get a cheap vape off ebay or at a head shop and not dent your pocket to much.

I love mine, and the stealth aspect is awesome.

3. worth it. I got a vaporite 6th element for only $125, does an AMAZING job, conserves weed, reduses smell, and harm to your lungs. It is with out a doubt one of my best invesments in my smoking lifetime.

4. I bought the MFLB and let my friend try it the day I got it. After he tried it, he bought one of his one. I let someone else try it, same thing. If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will.

5. Should I buy one offline? or go to my nearest waterbeds n stuff?

6. Vape and then smoke a joint...You'll get double the high. Body mixed with head. Last time i vaped i had no success because of the temperature settings

7. put it this way.

my vape. my girl and i smoked .1 maybe .2 of decent dank and got blasted.

8. This dude is spot on. I've got the Arizer Extreme Q vape ($200 new on ebay), and its been the best smoking investment I've made so far.

- It conserves bud like a mofo
    - Absolutely no smell (no need for sploof)
    - So much healthier for you overall (when vaping I almost never cough, no matter how much vape I take in)
    - Quieter than a bong/bubbler (not a huge deal, but a plus for some)
    - If you get an adapter you can hit your vape through your GonG pieces (absolutely love hitting my vape through my dub bub)

I bought mine solely to conserve bud and not smell. My GF and I smoke at her apartment, and she has 2 roomies so we keep the smoking on the DL (not sure if they're down with the ganj, but odds are they aren't). Anyways the vape makes it much easier to toke stealthily. Also, its probably paid for itself now in terms of saving me bud.

TLDR: get a vape, you won't regret it!

P.S.
    Get that adapter I mentioned and you can hit your vape through your Lux!!

9. I own Da Buddha and would never give it up you should get a vape you will not regret it

10. yea that dank in a vape will do the jon ;)...to the op ive hd a vaporbros for 8 months or so and it has saved me so much bud, and i dont know what these people are talking about, i still get a great head high, just cleaner...and i just ordered a mflb for 85 shipped fr a nice handheld vape...id deffinitely get one man they are so worth it

11. Some vapes are more worth it than others. Some vapes aren't worth it all.

But overall, if:
    You like to use less weed to get to the same high as you do with smoking
    You want to do less damage to your heart and lungs
    You want your bud to taste better
    You want less smell
    You want more of an energetic head high rather than a couch lock high

Then yeah, vapes are worth it.

12. haha! same here got mlfb my friend tried it and bought one too lol

13. Vaporizing produces a complete head high with little to no body high. Smoking on the other hand, allows you to get "stoned" and grounded to the couch. There are scientific reasons behind this but you can easily figure out why if you think about it.

Hint: Think about what your body does when you introduce toxins (smoke) into your body.

14. I got my Extreme Q from Arizer at a discount price. (I asked them if they would honor a warranty from a third-party dealer, and they told me they'd just match the price if I bought it from them). And I must say, it's completely worth it. I would've paid full price for this thing if I had known how awesome it was. Using a vaporizer is not only healthy, but a money saver. I wake up in the morning and don't have to cough up phlegm or anything! It doesn't emit the smell that combustion methods do! I use my vape in my room when people are home and no one notices!

The high from a vaporizer is different than combustion though in that you're getting straight THC from vaporizing and none of the other byproducts made when actually smoking the plant. Carbon monoxide, benzene and other carcinogens are eliminated or substantially reduced when vaporizing. You'll have a much "healthier" high feeling. It's also more potent; it may seem like you're not getting high for the first couple minutes, but it'll hit you like a brick wall and you'll be done.

I use my vaporizer exclusively, with the only exception being on-the-go, where I'll use a joint. Other than that, I can say since I started using my Extreme Q, my lungs have thanked me and it's much easier to breathe.

Oh, and the Extreme Q is the jack of all trades: it can be a whip-style or bag-style.

15. For the already stoned/lazy, I'll give some detail...

Carbon Monoxide, a byproduct of just about any combustion reaction, prevents your blood cells from getting oxygen to the brain. When you don't get oxygen to the brain, you'll lose brain cells and feel loopy. That's where part of the laziness associated with marijuana comes from. And it's (partially) where the idea of "pot makes you dumb" comes from.

Benzene, released in combustion reactions, is a potent carcinogen and is never good for you.

Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are a group of carcinogenic substances released when burning just about any organic substance. They are terrible for you and will have an effect on your body that is always negative.

The products mentioned above are eliminated or extremely trivial when vaporizing your cannabis. However, make sure you keep your temp setting below 200ºC because some of the toxins start to form at that temperature. I keep mine at 185ºC. (Source: CA NORML Health Information)

Studies have shown THC itself to be pretty much harmless, or possibly even beneficial to health. If you want to get the healthy parts of cannabis use, any non-smoking method is the way to go.

16. Can you store the vapor in the bags for a period of time? and I heard the whip vapor can actually feel hotter most bongs..is that true?

17. I have no idea if you can store them in the bags for a period of time. you'd have to seal the end of the bag to shut it. But really I have no idea.

The whip vapor, as is being used now, feels amazing. If you put it too high, it might. Or sometimes you'll get a thick hit that could dry your throat and cause some coughing. Either man up and take the thick hit or make a cooling system for the vapor (also considered manning up because it requires doing something).

Fuck yeahhh

18. Do you have to get used to it? Like I dont really get high off joints but bongs do me in and I smoked from a volcano b4 but it didnt get me high. TRhe owner said he was amazed at how much I ssmoked and told me how high I was going to be but I got nothing. It was good dope.

19. I tried the bags and it didn't get me as high as the whip does. I use the "Vapor On Demand" method with my Extreme Q, and get insanely ripped.

And I can say I had to get used to the vape high as it was much more intense if the head. wowww boy