Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Flex, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Hi everybody
    I wanna know if anyone can give me some advise what vaporizer to buy. I'm smokin now for over 4 years and am in Las Vegas for a exchange year, originally I'm from Germany. So the problem i got i don't know if u have to use the inhalitionbag of the volcano model but this one and the AroMed and pehaps the portable vapir. Just throw in your experience and knowledge, thanks a lot!

:bongin: And Keep it UP

2. avoid a vapir or any dome style vaporizer
    vapirs are highly overpriced and just suck..... u will regret it if u buy one

dome style vaporizers are a waste of money as well, take forever to use, taste shitty, and just suck

the heating element and whip style of a vapor brothers, warez, or doc are all very nice

there are some others that use a similar style, but tubes that fill with smoke for a little cheaper than the vapordocs, but i think they just look so classy and they hit very nice and taste great

its always good fun to hook up the vaporizer to the roor and get some vapor bong rips:smoking:

3. Have u heard about the AroMed sounds like a preety awesome thing, a bit pricy but I stopped smokin cigarettes.www.aromed.com
    check out the link

4. I can vouch for VAPOR BROS

5. the aromed looks good. I havent heard any real world testimonails yet however.
    *edit: i just found this on the website:
    So thats pretty uplifting :)

It is a convection vaporizer, however, so they got that right. It sounds like they know whats up. Maybe when i have some money to burn ill give it a shot.

But for the everyday person, go w/ what sixer said. Most convection vaporizers (move hot air across the herb, as opposed to conduction, which heats directly via a heating element and thus producing an uneven, smokey crap vapor.) are pretty good.

I've personaly had bad experiences w/ the vapir vaporizers, as they are not designed for ganj, so i would advise you steer clear of them.

6. Good help so far
    But unfortunately there is still one question i'm not sure about
    If anyone is familiar with thew volcano vaporizer then i would like to know if u have to smoke with thoe balloons or if u can smoke without them ,too.
    Thanks for replys so far:smoke:

7. u have to use the bags while using a volcano

work very well, but not worth the money in my opinion

8. YO LISTEN UP

DONT BUY A VAPORIZER, i recently bought one, and although its amazing and saves you money. it get annoying. i also just got a bowl and i use that more often

but if you decide to get one, get the Vapir One

9. the vapir is an overpriced piece of shit
    have hit one and it sucked pure ass, and just abuot every review i read for them say they suck and are a waste

10. just got a bowl, no cred to your boy?

11. :confused: :confused: :confused: x11ty billion

And a Volcano would be the best use of your money if you're looking for a vaporizer.

12. the vapo that i smoked was cool.. was about 100 bucks and u just put the weed on the tray in the glass dome and let sit for a while.. go cook some food or something haha and then come back and the dome will fill up with smoke.. then u use the pipe part that looks like a hookah hose and u take puffs of of that.. makes ur weed go a lot further.. saves a lot too..

13. ^they might look cool, but trust me, those kind are a waste of money.

That is conduction vaporizing. The dish heats up the outside of the herb and you cant evenly vaporize.

Convection is where its at. Anything where your pulling hot air across/through the herb is what you need in a decent vaporizer. If you can regulate the temprature, thats even better.

I really hate people wasting money on products that look cool, like the glass dome vapes, or the vapir trash.

14. Why is the Vapir so bad? Have you ever used one?

15. i wouldnt get any vaporizer, personally. way too expensive, plus i actually like the act of smoking. i think a vaporizer might take away from the "traditionality" of marijuana

16. I owned one for about 6 months. It had just come out and nobody was selling it for less than 400 bucks. I saved my money and bought one. It looked cool, and it came with a cool dvd, and a bunch of accessories, and sample herbs. (it wasnt designed for mj)

They spend all their money on the advertising campaign, and not enough on developing a quality product. The dvd was a spoof off the matrix, but it was all about the vaporizer. Soo retarded.

THing never worked right. It never delivered a good hit, and it was really inconsistant with heat, and user friendlyness.

I hear the same stories from the majority of the people who've owned one.

17. hands free vapor bros :)

18. These are the plans for a vaporizer I made for myself. Its a convection style like the vapor bros. vaporiser. I've used a vapor bros. and i'd say the vapor quality from mine is as good. The unit is less convenient to use since one piece heats up and requires cooling in water periodically. it takes about three hours to make including driving to and shopping, and can be done for about $25. http://www.instructables.com/id/EKUYZ1LF11S8S0O/

19. Volcano @ 7.5 with .5 gm in it make custom 5ft+ bag x 2 / 4 Beers = GAMEOVER