Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaporizer question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lordjanus, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I've had the silver surfer vape for about a year now. I honestly rarely use it though and prefer smoking the herb as compared to the healthier choice. My question is I guess, is vaporizing your bud 100% healthy? I know its alot better than smoking it. But does it take away all the negative side effects? When I do use the ss I'm able to get massive amounts of "mist" which does make me cough pretty hard. And I know its on the correct temperature. I do smoke cigarettes to though which im sure attributes to the coughing. So dumb question maybe, but anyone got an answer?

2. Yea, good question I always wondered too if it takes away all side effects?

3. You cough because THC is a lung irritant, vapor is not at all bad for your lungs, and smoking is pretty much very bad for your lungs, you won't get cancer, but you will have smoker's lungs.

4. The mist irritates your throat more when you're a smoker.
    Because it loosens all the crap in your lungs - this happened to me when I stopped smoking and started vaping, though I didn't give myself the chance to go back to smoking.
    Once your lungs are more clear (you cough out all the bad shit over time), it doesn't make you cough as much, if at all.

Personally though I'd say if you still smoke cigs there's not much point to vaping, in that you defeat the purpose of any health benefits from vaping, and when you do vape, it's not really as good through congested lungs - when I started it wasn't as good an effect by a longshot, but over time it gets better and better.

5. [quote name='"lordjanus"']Hey guys, I've had the silver surfer vape for about a year now. I honestly rarely use it though and prefer smoking the herb as compared to the healthier choice. My question is I guess, is vaporizing your bud 100% healthy? I know its alot better than smoking it. But does it take away all the negative side effects? When I do use the ss I'm able to get massive amounts of "mist" which does make me cough pretty hard. And I know its on the correct temperature. I do smoke cigarettes to though which im sure attributes to the coughing. So dumb question maybe, but anyone got an answer?[/quote]

Yes, vaporizers are 100% healthy. They contain none of the carcinogens and tar found in combustion.

Keep in mind that THC itself is a lung irritant, and vapor tends to be hot and dry, so if you're not used to it, it can definitely make you cough. I own the Silver Surfer as well, and can attest that I can massive clouds and never cough. New people trying the vape are surprised by the "tickling" and often cough. It will go away with time, it's 100% healthy but that doesn't mean it can't make you cough. Just like smoking, people have to get used to it.

But also, theres the tamers you can buy for the Silver Surfer from 7th floor. They contain glycerin and you can keep them in the freezer. This will cool down the vapor a lot, making it easier to take. If you already have a bong or waterpipe, clean it THOROUGHLY (vapor going through anything that has had smoke won't taste good) and vapor-bonging is quite a bit easier, and due to the large concentrated hits you can take, can certainly get you higher.

6. I can personally vouch for the Silver Surfer, not only is it like breathing in air, it really doesn't affect my cardio. :D