Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaporizer heating elements -- how to choose?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DavidBriggs, Jul 9, 2010.

1. So there are some basic types of of heating elements used in vaporizers

"Why Do Heating Elements Matter?
    The heating element is the most integral part of any vaporizer. It regulates the temperature of the air that catalyzes the active ingredients as the air passes through it. A note: the air passing through the heating element may be either propelled by a pump in balloon-style models i.e. the Volcano Vaporizer or by one's own in direct-inhalation style vaporizers i.e. the VaporCannon. Some models, such as the herbalAire, are capable of both balloon and direct-inhale style vaporization. A primary requirement for all heating elements is precision – you want your vaporizer to actually be at the temperature you set – but health considerations may also play when people shop for vaporizers." (vapenow)

Heating time is also a factor, ceramic heating elements can bring nearly instant heat whereas some others take up to 10 minutes to heat up... ie. Volcano

So the herbalaire is arguably the best on the market and it dosnt require any grinding, you just cram it in and it uses pressure created by a pump to push heat through an aluminum heating chamber which maintains a precise heat through the cannabis to gainfully pull an astounding amount of THC from the cannabis, the volcano is also arguably the best... My question is which heating element is best? I have heard aluminum elements can be harmful to your body whereas the other vapes waste bud...

Any ideas on how to test efficiency and health risks? I would not want to sell a vape that is bad for someone when I can sell one that is good...

Thanks

2. The only vape I have ever used was a handsfree Vaporwarez with a ceramic heating element. It had it's downsides, but it got me fucked up everytime and didn't seem to waste bud. I was saving up for a volcano for a while because I've read countless times that it's the most efficient and its pricey for a reason.