Vaporizer efficiency

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Kingdom Hearts, Mar 3, 2011.

1. I want to buy a vape. My main concern is efficiency. In reading, I have found that the Purple Days vape is supposed to be really great. How does the efficiency of the purple days compare to Woodeez, Extreme q, and the magic flight launch box? Any help is appreciated.

2. well i can speak from a person who owns a vape people say goes through weed fast, in my silver surfer a bowl (typically about what you would load into a pipe bowl, a slightly big pinch.
    It takes about roughly 10-20 hits to finish the bowl.
    I probably expect log type vapes to last a while longer.

3. I own the extreme q and the mflb. When it comes to conserving and its just me and a buddy vaporizing i go with the launch box cuz its clutch :D

But when it comes to the party i bust out the extreme. Both are good at conserving but the launch box is very high up there on conserving...

I'd suggest the pd/wdz/mz/mflb if your looking to conserve...

Check out fuckcombustion.com

4. The vapes that conserve the most bud, ie, the most efficient are the Purple Days, the Myrtlezap and the Woodez. While most all vapes will be more efficient than any kind of smoking device, none compare to the previously mentioned vapes including the LaunchBox, by most accounts from those that own both.

5. The magic flight box is the best.

6. #6 lwien, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    The best at what? You really do need to qualify that statement for there are many other vapes that do certain things better than the LaunchBox could ever do, and.............visa versa.

The title of this thread is vaporizer efficiency and if you are stating that the LB is the best in this category, you are dead wrong.

7. I couldn't agree with you more lwien

but imo its right behind log vapes in efficiency... I can save so much bud with my launch box..

8. Yeah. Agreed. The LB is a very efficient vape, but in all of the user reviews that I have read, it falls behind the PD/MZ/WDZ vapes as well as the Lotus, which seems to be now, the most efficient portable on the market.

But if one wants to compare the efficiency of the LB against a smoking device, like a bong or bubbler, or against your basic whip vapes like a Buddha or SSV, or against any of the bag vapes on the market (with the possible exception of the HA), the LB would win that contest, hands down.

9. how much is the purple days i might look in to getting one after i get my new bong

10. .... $180

11. How are Purpledayz & Woodeez different?

12. The Woodeez is a direct copy of the Purple Days.

The Purple Days warranty is 3 times as long. The Purple Days seems to be a higher finished product. I've seen pics of some of the Woodeez where the hole in top of the vape was off center and the lathe turning was not truly smooth. Also, the heat exchanger is made a bit differently on the Purple Days allowing it to retain heat between hits a bit better. You also get to meet Tom and Pammy, the husband wife team that makes the Purple Days and they are just a pleasure to work with.......and know.

If one didn't want to wait the 4 to 6 week waiting period for the Purple Days, I would recommend going with the MyrtleZap first before going with the Woodez. Much nicer finished product and Rick is also a pleasure to work with.

13. I agree about the Purple Days being one of the most efficient. I used to use a cheap Chinese Vaporite whip-style vape, and its efficiency doesn't even come close to the PD. The bowls are about the size of a normal one hitter, but will give you quite a few hits considering the very small amount being used. This along with the fact that they are almost indestructible, and use VERY few components that would be prone to fail (a large resistor as the heating element, heat exchanger, and power jack are the only parts to it). There is also no other Vaporizer that is available in a kit like this, and you can get all sorts of high quality wood and leather for it as well. (more personalized than some others).

14. I plan on having the purple days or myrtle zap as my next vape if i don't end up going with the cloud :D

15. Anyone gonna get this in the future?
    [​IMG]