Vaporite Solo review with lots of big pictures

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by hubblybubb, May 15, 2009.

1. #21 lwien, May 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009
    Yeah, hubbly, I know that lead is more dangerous to babies and women who are pregnant, and yes, we do get lead from other sources on a daily bases, but this shit doesn't leave our bodies once we get it in. It's all cumulative, so while it's true that we ingest toxins on a daily bases, doesn't it make sense to try to limit that exposure whenever we can, without necessarily going to extremes to limit that exposure?

I guess it's all in the risk-reward ratio. For me, an extra 100 dollars for a vape that would limit that exposure is well worth it. Hell, for the amount that I'm gonna save in using less weed when vaping versus smoking, that 100 bucks will pay for itself in no time. And if I couldn't afford that extra 100 bucks (that would pay itself back rather quickly in less weed consumption), I'd would then have to ask myself why in the hell I'm spending money on weed in the first place.

2. I could afford it I just have better uses for 100 bucks (read: 2oz). Secondly I use weed for medical as well as recreational purposes. Thirdly to eliminate the risk without going to extremes I did the mod which cost me virtually nothing. And on a side note I have asthma which weed helps me treat I have had a reduction in symptoms since I started smoking and with no other treatment I've gained a 4-5% increase on breathing tests since I got the vaporite. It's been good to me and even without the mod I'd pick it over smoking

3. #23 lwien, May 16, 2009
    Yup. Totally agree with that. From a health and weed conservation standpoint, ANY vape is better than no vape, but again, if health was a concern as to why I turned to vaping, I would want a vape that is healthy to use even knowing that any vape is healthier than smoking.

Also, I don't know how serious of a case of asthma you have, but if you experienced a 4 to 5% increase in lung capacity from going from smoking to vaping, I wonder how much of an increase in breathing you would experience by not vaping either. THC IS a known lung irritant, regardless of how you inhale it. If you do have a serious case of asthma, you may want to consider edibles.

4. It's not too bad... But thc can actually be used as asthma treatment it's an expectorant and I've noticed alleviation of symptoms with smoking/vaping compared to no weed usage. I dont have science to back this but other blades have talked about it and I think I recall something about it on norml. I don't really enjoy edibles to be honest I'm all about head highs and edibles have never done that compared to smoking/vaping

5. #25 lwien, May 16, 2009
    I guess THC could be viewed as an expectorant because it IS an irratent, and as such could make you cough.........ergo, expectorant.

Another thing that may be going on is that if you vape herb that is not bone dry, you are creating a bit of steam from the moisture in the herb, and that steam could improve lung function.

But THC is a lung irritant, and I would think that with asthma, the less irritation that is going on, the better.

Be that as it may, I'm glad that you rearranged the vapor path in your unit. Any toxins that you inhale do have a cumulative affect and anything that you can do to cut back on the elimination of those toxins, the better.

BTW, here's a thread on another Chinese knockoff box vape. There's a bunch more threads out there regarding these issues, but this one's the most current:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/vaporizer-lounge/170850-my-vape-smells-like-plastic.html

6. Awesome... Thanks for some intellegent conversation guys!

7. I was just recently looking at a Vaprorite vaporizer at a local head shop and it ran around 110$. I thought the digital readout and light were a major boon to the product as compared to a VaporBros, but I'm a healthy skeptic and I've been trying to do as much research as I can before buying it and these claims of unhealthy manufacturing methods put the fear in me... if they prove to be true in any sense I'll be looking at a Buddha or VaporBros. It just seems counter intuitive to get a device for health and conservatory reasons that could be pumpin' some wack shit into you and break down fairly quickly. Please report back with any further findings hubblybubb!

8. If it's gonna be 110 just spend the extra 50 probably less considering it'll be tax free and get a buddah... As has been said before digital readouts are notoriously unreliable although mine has been spot on so far. As far as the health I have done some research and found that vaporite is rohs compliant. This means it contains none of the most toxic chemicals found in electronics parts including mercury and lead. So although I don't recommend it if your willing to shell out 110 for it... I'd say that with either the mod I discussed or simply taking off the bottom cover so the air doesn't draw over the microchip. Get a buddah if nothing else the whip design is better it's only 50 more than the price you quoted. Buddah has better warantee by 2 years and 9 months vaporpath is 100% clear and it's made in the USA. I only recommend the vaporite as a budget choice. Supporting the local shop is admirable but my shop only hast shitty bubblegum dome vaporizers so that wasn't an option for me.

9. I just got my Vaporite solo in the mail this morning.....my question is how hot is the max temp? I only ask because mine seems to take a while to heat up, and could not reach its max temp even after i let it sit on maxx for like 20 minutes........I know that i dont need the max temp to vape; i just want to know if my vape is defective or what.....

P.S. i payed 75.00 with free shipping free 4pc grinde and 1 oz of free herbs ....
    my solo is black maybe thats the diffrence??? just bdont know

So again my question is whatg is the max temp your vaporite can be put on.... thanks
    :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::eek:

10. The digital temp display and controllers in this vape are notoriously inaccurate, so what may be true for one user will not be true for another.

11. Ok my question is what is the max temp the solo can be put on .......I know it is not accurite however i want to know what the vape claims its max temp is.......so when you turn the nob all the way on what does the lcd display???? The reason i ask is because i just bought one and i thought it was supposta get hotter that the max temp mine says............ :smoking::smoking:

12. Has anyone tried a Vaporite 6th Element Digital Forced Air

13. I borrowed this from a buddy and have been using it for the past week with much success. I find that the inacurate digital display and touchy knob are definite drawbacks but I got it set at 270 on my unit and it works best there. Just goes to show you that you get what you pay for but all in all it works really good for how cheap it is. I then save the vaped weed for emergency when i need it and it still gets me high.

14. I used to have a Vaporite Box Type vaporizer is what this is. I believe the max temp is 550 degrees. The vaporization point of THC off a bud is 375 degrees.

I owned one of these junks before upgrading to a Volcano. When I first purchased it, it smoked perfect at 350 degrees. 1 week later it was 320. 1 week later it was 250. You get my drift. By the time I sold it, you had to set it at 115 degrees, or it would burn the herb. It only took me 4 months of toking off one of these to get a real Vaporizer.

15. I ended up getting the same exact deal from the Bay. I set mine to 333 and I pack conservatively to encourage airflow. I like it so far. It's cheap in build and price but it works well. I guess I'd be happy if mine broke in 6 months so I could get a better one.

Warning, the manufacturer does ask that you burn it on high for 20 min to release all of the vapor from the parts, before the first use. I was bent because this wasn't in my manual for the product. I could definately see some burn off of fumes after the unit was full blazed for a while. It stopped, so I assume that I successfully burned off something narly. Buy something better if you know you are a Vapor, but the Solo can give you an affordable way to try vaporizing for the first time.:cool:

16. Had my vaporite for over a year with moderate usage. I can't say the digital temp gadge works perfectly, nothing to test it with, but it certainly does the job. Not as good as my dabuddha but I think the major difference is the DBH has a smaller screen size that changes the vapor path dynamics.

Also it seems that its better to vap very small amount of weed verse medium to large volumes. Doesnt mmake since but its seems to be true.:cool:

17. I agree with the smaller screen size. I wonder can you get a smaller screeen for the vaporite whip. I Have a dbh but think my old vaporite is nice as a second vap.

18. #38 cbw059, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2010

Fired up the vaporite tonite. Use it on and off for over a years. No problems great high. Would buy another one with out a second thought!

19. Are you a dog? Last month you said you had it for a year.

20. I know this is a old forum, but I have been thinking of trying the Vaporite solo. A local head shop has one for $59, but I know I can talk her down in price. I am on a serious budget due to I have MS and have A LOT of medical bills and cant afford a fantastic vaporizer like the Buddha, or SS. I have a Dragon Vap that was donated to me coming from Amsterdam, but not sure if it is going to be any good. I didn't get to pick they just shipped this one out to me. So my question is, should I buy the Vaporite? or I was also considering the Vapor Genie. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:smoke: