Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaporisers = wasted bud???

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by smokeandmirrors, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Ok - I have never owned a vape but i'm seriously considering getting one because my chest is hammered from 20 years of toking :(

BUT!!!

I keep reading on here threads about using vaped weed to make edibles - does this mean that vapes are inefficient and that psychoactive ingredients are left untouched?

Or are these people not using their vapes correctly??

peace :smoke:

2. I've heard that you can use them to cook but it wont be that good, but vapes burn all the THC there are very useful.

3. ok i own a vaporbrothers and a volcano digit and im pretty sure i use alot of the thc with both but what i said on other threads is that you can use all your vaporized weed that you save to make cannabutter. i typically save about 50 grams but you can make a heavy stoney beatch of butter with just 30 grams of vaped bud. you also wanna grind your weed up before you vaporize it because you will get more surface area which means more vapor. so just get a vaporizer a decent one, then just start saving all your vapor poo then make your cannabutter. shit will tear you up and you dont even have to smoke that whole week.

4. you're not really making sense - in one sentence you say that you think you vape all the THC but then say that you make a heavy stoney butter - if you were getting all the THC then your butter wouldnt get you stoned

I dont want to make butter though - I want to know that i'm getting all the THC when I vape it

I know for sure when I smoke a spliff or bong that i'm getting ALL the thc!

5. now im not a scientist or anything...but THC is not the only active ingredient that gets you high. There are things called cannibinoids (sp?) that are not psychoactive like THC, but once the CBN (cannibinoids) have reached your membrane, it triggers the release of endorphins into your system (giving you that stoney body high). The CBN's are released with higher temperatures along with some form of fat (cooking oil, butter...).

That is why vaporizers are a great investment, because you get two uses from your weed.
    You put in dank buds and vaporize all the THC away, and then you can make edibles with the vaporized leftovers when you have enough.

6. the whole appeal of it is your not burning the bud. your heating the thc until it vaporizes hence the name, so of course there is going to be leftovers, and the temp you vape at determins how much leftovers are in your bud, you could vap at a temp that just burns off the thc and leaves most of the cannabinoids because they burn off at a higher temp. or you could turn the temp up and burn most everything off. and even hitting out of a bong you dont get 100% of the thc because some of it sticks to the bong along with some other gross stuff to form resin, and also those leftover from the vape is what hammered your chest for 20 years, not the cannabinoids but the carcinogens that are released by burning plant matter

7. Not true at all. Burning actually causes you to lose quite a bit of THC.

8. I second your theory

9. As someone else said. Certain cannaboids don't get used when you vape. You are really only getting the thc. So when you bake vaped weed, you feel those cannaboids and whatever is left of the thc.

10. I rebut the theory. Vaporizers vaporize about 65% of the THC, about the same percentage of as when smoked out of a bong. In other words, you get no more THC from a vaporizer than a bong. But, since the vaped weed is still in decent condition (only roasted instead of burned), it is possible to cook with it. You can't extract the THC from burnt weed because it would be all ashy.

11. To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the problem with smokeandmirrors is not that he's ignorant, he just knows so much that isn't true.

P.S. Reagan was a douche, but the quote's still funny.

12. Gotta agree with that

13. Do you have any extra info on that? I'd agree offhand but I've never seen any studies or evidence.

I'd agree because torching fine hash with the flame is less effective than "roasting" it slowly, or using a heat rod. Solar and heat rod hits also feel generally more potent.

14. i LOVE BODY HIGHS

15. CBN and CBD both have lower boiling points than THC.

If you vape and the residue has enough cannabanoids in it to extract then you're doing it wrong.

16. #16 yourHIGHness, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    there are at least 66 types of cannabinoids in the MJ plant. Not all of them are activated at the same heat level as THC. And we arent "boiling" anything, we are vaporizing.... and also, not all of them are activated by heating it up, they need to be processed in your body in order for them to take effect...
    And there is no "wrong" to vaporizing. I like a light mist personally. I have my dial on 6 on my Volcano... so I am knowingly vaporizing LESS of the plant. When im done with vaporizing it, the plant looks like a green-brown-yellow color.. meaning if it still has color, there is obviously some active ingredients left in it. Some people like it thicker, say they use the dial at 8. When you have a thicker vapor, its obvious your CBN levels will be higher in your vapor...and when your done vaporizing, the leftovers will have a darker color... Everyone has a preference.

17. just thought i would shoot this link for you...check it out:
    http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy2.html

18. very interesting article thanks

19. souunds like you have a vendetta against vapes or something. smoking wastes a hell of a lot more thc than a vape ever could. i mean i dunno i guess im just a lil shell shocked by your ridiculous thoughts.

20. ps

i have a friend who has a vaporbrothers but instead of making butter with his leftovers he smokes them. kinda defeats the health prospective of a vaporiser but some people just have that smoking ficsation.