Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

vapor poo?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mist3rpeeperz, Mar 18, 2009.

1. we all should know that smoking buds leaves behind a sticky tar we refer to as "resin". as i have come to learn, vaporizing cannabis also leaves behind something. i don't know what to call it, but my vape wand gets tons of tiny, brown bubbles (possibly burnt trichomes?) lining the inside.
    i remember someone calling this "vapor poo" once, but i would like to call it by a more scientific name. anyone know what this is?

p.s. a friend of mine claimed to know how to make hash. we then compiled all the "poo" we could find and followed the instructions. we ended up with what i would believe to be hash, it looked like off-brown brown trichomes sticking together. we decided to try and vaporize the product and, to my surprise, got incredibly ripped off very, very little quantity. i know this description is pretty useless without photos, but i would love some input.

2. If it's getting in your tube then..you are likely both taking too hard of rips on the whip and vaporizing at a temperature a bit too high.

3. if anything, i vaporize with too low of a temperature. i also make sure not to pull too hard, so allow me to clarify. the "vapor poo" builds up on the inside of my glass wand, not so much in the "tubing".

any thoughts?

4. Ya that is kinda what i like to think of as "duff-kief" on the isde of the bowl. It's just really fine pieces of vaped bud-dust. Get it out with alcohol and flush it as its pretty carcinogen-concentrated. Think of like the opposite of kief is how I think of it.

5. well i don't really ever smoke my bud. i usually vaporize it. would the carcinogens still be present if i vaped the duff-kief?

i would think not, since there is no combustion. i think i'm pretty safe vaporizing collected duff-kief, would you not agree?

6. The "duff-kief dust" stuff is like the most vaped of all the vaped material. It's practicaly vapor-raped to dust basicly. Is how you should look at it. So, it's like all the good things taken out of weed and whats left is that "dust" which is like highly concentrated bad parts like the carcinogens. I'd imagine packing a bowl full of this dust and lighting it will most likely be the worst thing you could smoke..even worse than resin.

7. ah. yuck.:hide:

8. That's not tar or anything, it's vaporizer hash. It's the kief and plant matter that falls
    through the screen when you stir the bowl. I get a whole shit load in my vape. It's dark
    brown and sticky, right? Good shit. Get's me royally fucked up and lasts forever.

9. It's vape resin. Scraping it doesn't make hash, it makes a ball of vape resin.

10. That my friend lies in a differnt catagory all together!

Burnt weed = Resin
    Vaped weed = Honey

You'll find thats what most cats are calling it these days.

Definatly worth collecting in your wand.:D
    Just never clean it man, wait till you get a shit load!

11. LOL honey oil IS NOT what builds up inside a vape. That is vape resin.

12. Many people call it "wand hash". Its just built up resin. You can either scrape it out or give the wand an isopropyl wash and let it evaporate.

you can "re-vaporize" the stuff. Its resin, so its going to be very harsh, but it works wonders when you need to get some sleep.

13. It's not resin, it is kief that's fallen through. I have a long downstem on my vape and I get
    piles of kief in the bottom. The sticky black stuff is just kief that got heated up and
    melted during vaporization. You guys are trying to equate it to the resin that builds up
    when you smoke. It's nothing like that. I'll post some pictures to show you what I mean,
    if I can.

14. I've had 4 vapes. It's a resin from the vapor traveling through it, not kief.

15. I see it in my vape all the time. There is constantly a small pile of kief at the bottom of
    my downstem. There's also a progression down the stem from melted, dark brown vapo
    poo as it's been called. Then further down the stem I can see individual crystals
    sticking to the inside of the stem, they're a lighter brown and not melted all together
    like the stuff up top. Then, like I said before, at the bottom of the downstem there's
    usually a small pile of kief that didn't get melted by the vaporizer, because it's too far
    from the heating element.

There is also a film of oil all over the inside of my vapes chamber. That's from the
    volatile oils condensing on the glass as the vapor is being drawn through the chamber.
    It's what I suspect you've been talking about all this time. It's not from combustion
    though, and certainly nothing like pipe resin. It can be disolved in alcohol and revaped.

Attached Files:

16. ...science to the rescue.

That stuff is condensed weed vapors. some of the vapes cool and adhere to the inside wall of the whip before you can inhale them as a tiny amount always cools nearly instantaneously. This builds up over time and becomes a thick residue... depending on ur vape temp it's more tannins and junk or with a lower vape temp its more reconstituted cannabinoids. basically like condensation.... only with THC instead of H2O.