While my post count is low, I've been lurking here a while. I've read about every article I can dig up on vaporization and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out if it'd be worthwhile to attach a vaporizer to a bong. I see it a lot, but the facts on paper seem to make the idea seem poor. Vapor from a carefully controlled source is almost 100% active materials.Â¹ It's listed as 95% THC, while the rest of the 5% is almost entirely auxilliary cannaboids, etc... That means that any harshness that exists in the vapor is due to either heat or density, not tars and unwanted chemicals. Therefore, passing this vapor through water should have the effect of: Vapor is cooled so it feels more smooth (Big element in heat gun setups) Loss of approximately 10-15% of THC content through tubing, water and downstemÂ² Higher Air-to-Vapor ratio makes intake more smooth as well So, in any vaporizer setup where the output vapor is not hot, I cannot see a strong support for why it should be hooked up to a bong. If hits are too harsh, simply inject more oxygen into the system and reduce the vapor density. If anyone has any information that I may have missed, please share! Â¹CCRMG Â²Perez-Reyes, Mario. "Marijuana Smoking: Factors that Influence the Bioavailability of Tetrahydrocannibinol." NIDA Research Monograph 1(1990): 42-62.