Vapor Genie

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by the buds, Aug 21, 2013.

1. So my friend broke my Extreme Q.. :( and replaced it with a vapor genie. As it is nowhere near the quality of the Extreme Q, I was looking for a portable vape.. But I have a few questions about the Vapor Genie

1) can I use this in my college dorm without too much of a smell (I would still open a window)

2) Info on how to use this thing would be nice. I either burn the bud or don't get vapor...having trouble finding the right amount of flame.

3) Is it necessary to have a grinder for this vape?

Any additional info is also appreciated

2. I have one, don't use it. Smoked it instead because I felt it I wasn't doing it right. I don't have a grinder but I think you need one.

3. so your friend breaks your 200ish vaporizer and replaces it with another one for a 60ish buck vaporizer?

4. #4 codAllDay, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
    I have one and use it as my primary piece. And its the cheapest one they make (the coil).. It really doesn't smell much the hits have a higher air over vapor ratio. Its a convection vape so yea grind up your buds average grind doesn't need to be fine like the mflb. Its all about technique with the VG. If u get it down you really have alot of control of the temp. I love it it has the potential to be so efficient and u can get big clouds off it. Make sure you pack the bowl full or you'll get an empty vapor path when the bowl gets dry. I adjusted my screen a little because the bowl was a little big for my taste.. Not sure if u can do this on the standard VG. Hit it with a regular bic, for a light hit inhale faster and be generous with the flame. For higher temp hits you want to get the flame in the pipe (not touching the filter) then gradually inhale slower and slower. Takes some practice but its awesome when you master it. They're super portable

5. The VG was my very first vape.   It does require some technique, but once you get it down, you get get HUGE vapor clouds on demand.

Yes, you need a grinder and it should be ground medium-fine.    Don't use a jet flame lighter.   Use a standard Bic type lighter, preferably flintless.   The trick is to get the flame to just dip about a quarter of an inch below the bowl of the VG and inhale slow enough so that the flame does not dip so far as to touch the filter.    I found that if you tilt the VG at about a 45 degree angle towards the lighter, it will help to accomplish what I stated above.     It took me a few bowls to get it down, but once you find the sweet spot, the VG can be an excellent vape.

6. Yeah..i know. we are all going to college and dont have that much money. Worth arguing with him about...no. Shit happens.

And thanks for the replies, can this be used in a dorm room with little smell?

That has more to do with how good your bud is and how big of a draw you take than which vape you use.

8. okay well if i do, ill take little draws. Im a little nervous about taking it to the dorms anyway. Just to be cautious, I might wait until I go back home to pick it up. Test the waters first haha

9. Take small hits and ghost them. Hold your hit, breathe out a little, inhale again, let a little out, breath in etc until your hits gone. Usually just takes just 2 extra breathes for all the vapor to be absorbed. Doing this in my experience leaves literally no smell.

10. I was using it in my room, no burnt popcorn taste or anything it tasted nice n smooth, and my bro could smell it. The whole house smelled like I had been smoking but it went away quickly after I stopped vaping. I check the herb after each hit and it was never dark brown, always nice n light. Smoke buddy would definitely fix this, just a warning. And I packed the genie outside.

11. #11 lwien, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
    Delete pls.......no longer needed.