Vapor Genie: Should I Buy It?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by KingTut, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Im just wondering what everyone's opinion is on it. I saw it in the latest rolling stone as an advertisement and it looked sick, a vaporizer without the need of electricity. Im just wondering whether or not i should buy this or just buy regular old glass pipe/bong/bub

2. Bought mine in April and I love it. I suggest it if you want the healthy, conservative things with it. then do it

3. thanks man at least someone answered my post...

4. don't buy it; you'll use it once and be like ehhhhh this isn't so great

5. #5 lwien, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2009
  6. Yeah i saw the new one it looks sick but idont have money for it right now so im goin to get the carved wood one instead and thanks for the links really helped

7. Sure thing. Enjoy.........

8. I owned a vaporgenie for some time, before it got confiscated at Bonnaroo :[. The wood finish is a welcome change among the (admittedly nice looking in their own regard) tons of glass pieces that dominate the market, and is surprisingly well-done considering the pricepoint, especially with regards to the finish. Overall the build-quality is fairly good, but I would have liked to see a better way to attach screens to it (I had the exotic wood one, but not the hand-carved one - I don't know if this differs in other versions). On mine, there was no obvious way to keep the screen firmly attached to the pipe, and the manual did not reference screen replacement, something I thought was kind of important seeing as it's almost impossible to use the vape without a screen.

As far as performance goes, it's good for a piece. I've tried better vapes before, but this is the only vaporizer I would consider that's portable. The aesthetics, in a way, helped the functionality of the piece for me, because I could use it outdoors and people would mistake it from a distance for a tobacco pipe. The vapor is good quality, with one caveat: depending on how much heat I'd apply, I'd either get a pretty potent pseudo-smoke that would irritate my lungs somewhat but get a consistent high, or I'd get a true vapor but not always get a consistent high. This is, I'd imagine, one of the tradeoffs of using an inconsistent heat source (butane lighter), but it didn't really bother me all that much.

For what the piece did, it served me well - it provided an easy to conceal vaporizer with decent performance. Using it, I was easily able to smoke in my dorm room, and while outdoors it's difficult to light, it's doable with a bit of practice. However, I couldn't forsee myself using it now that I have an off-campus apartment even if it didn't get confiscated. At that point, I'd just want to get a nice vaporizer or continue smoking out of a bowl/etc. If you don't need the portability or concealability, get a nicer plug-in vape as it will give better performance and would be worth the extra money. However, for the advantages it gives you in terms of convenience (you can light it wherever you want, the bud never falls out if you quickly stuff it in a pocket, much less smell no burning cherry) I'd say it's worth the money when you need that kind of concealability.

9. Other portables worth noting:

Iolite
    Vapman
    Vapostar
    Launch Box
    Launch Tube

ALL of the above are excellent portables as is the VaporGenie.

10. Thanks royal crown thats the kinda review i wanted to read.
    and Iwien thnks for showing me the other portables maybe ill check them out...