Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vapor Genie - Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 1llB3back, May 13, 2011.

1. Alright so I decided to post this in Apprentice Tokers because I felt more people would see this. I am in a position where I feel the need to buy a vape. One, it's better for the lungs. Also, I need something to use at home that wouldn't smell like my old bong used to or my bubbler.

I decided I'd check out a Vapor Genie because I've used one and I've been interested in buying one every since. Now I have enough money to do so, and I am just trying to make sure it's worth it.

Has anyone used one?? Or have one?? If so, let me know what you thought or think of your experience with it. Thanks.

2. hey i hate to thread jack this, and yes im a biased mflb user, but i would definitely suggest at least looking into the mflb, best decision you will ever make

3. I have one man. It's pretty good it gets me really stoned. It takes a bit of practice to get the technique right though. When I was buying it I almost bought the Magic Flight Launch Box, but the Vapor Genie was cheaper. The MFLB gets great reviews and looks awesome.

4. I second the MFLB

5. Both of you to you're own. I don't have enough money to buy the MFLB but I have a buddy who has it. The problem he says with it is the batteries. I like the lighter operated approach. And yeah I know exactly how to use the Vapor Genie but I bet it will take a few to get the hang of it again. I used to use it. Good shit.

6. All you need is a magnifying glass and the Sun. It works and the bud tastes so good.
    It's as good as vaporizing, since no flame is being used.

7. #7 PotBlazinSwimmr, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I love solar toking, but he's looking for a vaporizer, solar toking is smoking

8. Yeah and I'm really looking to use this at night. For me, it is more convenient to use it at night. I like to stay up late to draw or write music so it's what keeps me up but then get a great nights sleep.

9. How much will you be paying for it? :smoke:

10. Hey I have one. The lights are really cool especially when the vapor surrounds it haha. But turn it a little more than half heat and wait about 5 minutes before you put the bud on. Putting it sooner won't hurt either

11. I am buying it off amazon for $42.99 with $4.50 shipping :cool:

12. But with a vapor genie, you are simply heating the metal with flame/ sun and it vaporizes the bud

13. The metal heats up on it's own not by flame.

14. You are not heating up metal you are heating up a ceramic disc.

15. I haven't used mine in years - that said, it got far more use than the cheap amount it cost. If you need something portable, it's pretty good for that. Or if you just need something cheap. But there's a lot better.

16. You need a heat source for the vaporgenie. It does not heat up on it's own.

17. #18 PotBlazinSwimmr, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Oh so he ment he solar vapor genies? I doubt that, and im not a vapor genie fan, no offense to anyone who is but im an mflb man, and the sun combusts the bud, trust me it does

18. i've been thinking about getting one myself.

19. vaporgenie is soo good, im using it right now..it only stinks when you open the top...it has a herby smell not weed or smoke tho, and it wont put off a smoke detector..spray something afterwards to be safe if u dont want it to smell