Vapor Brothers vaporizer review - uses a lot of pot...

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by itguy, Sep 2, 2009.

1. My girlfriend has fairly sensitive lungs - we've been talking about getting a vape for awhile and our aunt gave us $200 to spend on something 'fun' only

(no bills)... Plus I just got laid off so what little I have has to last me a long long time

So... I went and bought a Vapor Brothers hands free vape at full retail.. $180iirc with screen and pick tool.. I'm one of those people that read the manual on the way home, through and through and am a little OCD lol...

First off, buy the pick and the screens. IMHO they're both pretty much required. The screen has to be a certain size, and you really need the dentist pick thing to clean it out.

It seems to function fine - the build quality is good, but for $170++ it had damn well better be. I would guess the cost of materials on this is maybe $60, at very very most. I imagine they're making a penny off of them..

My only problem is that it seems to waste a lot of weed. If I put in the equivalent of a bowl I can get maybe 3 or 4 good hits off of it before it's turned brown and smells 'spent' and there isn't any more vapor.

I've played with the temps and etc so maybe it's my weed? It's fairly "light" not as dense as usual..

2. If you think $170 is expsensive go buy a volcano that will cost upwards of 500 dollars plus. Im not sure to if its really a "waste" of a lot of weed. Its a diffrent high all together then using a lighter to burn a bowl up in a pipe or bong or whatever.

3. Yeah, whip and bag based vapes are not the most efficient vapes on the market, but you should be able to get some very rich, thick vapor hits from that VB.

But if efficiency was your primary concern, the VB is not the best choice.

4. You must be using i worng, i dont care how many times you read the manual. Maybe its just made like crap, as in there were some faulty items or something. I can get like 30 good rips off a nice sized bowl

5. I don't know what your definition of a bowl is but I've packed bowls (about .3-.5) of weed in different models of "vaporlite" vaporizer, a company known to be a vaporbros knockoff and the whip usually goes around 4 guys for a good while at 350F.

6. Off of a whip style vape?

I've continued to play with the temps and whatnot, and dried a bit less 'dried out' weed and it helped. I start it out on a low setting, get 3-4 large hits. Then I have to stir it and turn it up a bit (it's turned light brown in the middle) and I get another 3-4 large hits.

I'd say after 12 large hits the pot is completely spent - but I could get 8-9 large hits off of the same amount in a bong. I'm pretty sure my vaporizer is working correctly, it just must not be a very efficient style of vape. :hello:

7. Yeah. Whip based vapes can give you those super rich bong like rips but they do so at the sake of efficiency.