Vaping Vs Smoking

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by PAOLO1981, Jan 21, 2019.

1. oops, LSV seventh floor products ... thanks for that correction

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorry but I disagree.
    The DynaVap is the hardest hitting cloud producing vape on the market.
    I believe this vape is closest to that smoking feel and would be the best option for smokers wanting to convert to vaping.

The LSV is another great vspe too.
    Made by 7th Floor not Arizer.

Btw I own the LSV, Air, Solo 2 and the DynaVap M with Ti tip

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm speaking from my own experience and from what smokers around me say and do when we have used the VapCap and the Evo. YMMW.

I think I get and agree to some extend what you mean, though I think that you will have a hard time getting people with desktop vaping experience to agree with you about the hardest hitting clouds. VapCaps get good and full clouds the first 2-3 hits if you pack the bowl full. Then you have essentially another 2-3 hits left that are far from full. Then you might have to pack another two bowls to get a really deep high.

In my Cloud Evo, I pack around 0.3-0.5, slowly (depending on heat cycle) go through that in 6-8 draws or tear through it in around 3-5. The VapCap can't even compare slightly to what the Evo can do for me and my surrounding in that regard :/ Using the Evo I can actually hold my bong and forget that I was about to smoke. Using the VapCap I'm often in a situation where I get stressed the the people I'm smoking with aren't fast enough because I'm not high enough. Even with people with low tolerance I always have to pack the VapCap at least twice, if not trice. Never had to do this with the Evo (which obviously holds quite a bit more herb).

From reviews it is also quite evident that it can't compete with the FlowerPot and Plenty, probably not any desktop Vape in regards to a session. VapCap is however not a desktop vape and it would be strange if it could.

There is a reason to why I've owned 3 VapCaps though, I love them. They just don't see the sun when I have my Evo right next to me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. :) hth 20170623_093443.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ya get what ya pay for with vaporizers get a cheap one and you’ll always consider them shit. Get a good one and learn how to use it, learn about terpenes, and learning about temp control is the key to vaping.
    I got my vaporizer 3 years ago and I’ll never go back to carrying a lighter again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. What reviews are these? It is somewhat subjective.
    You should visit fuckcombustion.com and visit the DynaVap thread.
    Many experienced vapor enthusiasts share my experience. A lot of useful info there. This site sucks for vape info honestly. There’s a reason why the vapcaps are so popular.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Hey there,

After being a heavy smoker of cannabis via combustion and buying an array of vaporizers from the arizer extreme Q, volcano, pax 2, all the way to the firefly 2 and the plenty. I’ve wasted a lot of money seeking something that will give me not just a quality a high, but a high relatable to smoking itself and years of trial and error. I’ve deducted that one of these vaporizer (for dry herb of course, wax is a different story) is unrivaled in the entire vape industry and I know almost any one who owns will vouch for it.

It is the Plenty vaporizer, produced by the makers of the volcano. While I found the volcano is cool.. I was not a fan of having to always having to reload a bag to get my next high.

With this bad boy I shit you not sir, you plug it in and simply suck till your hearts content and I promise you. This will knock down some of the heaviest of heavy smokers out there. This is by far the closest to smoking with combustion as it gets. It has KILLED each and every my joint/bong smoker friends upon the first use. You plug her in, set your temp, and suck. There is no timer for sucking, There is not button you hold, there is one thing. There just you and your precious weed going in your lungs for as long as your lungs can take . 9.9/10 sir and I guarantee you will love it. Why not 10/10 you ask? Because, this things knocks me down like no vaporizer has, and while I absolutely love it. After a year of use, i sometimes am not seeking to get domed off my ass. Not everyday at least. I like to whip this bad boy out for group sessions, solo session were I want to get DOMED, anything. Just my two cents.

Cheap vaporizers I find will get you high but they just won’t do it with quality smoke. if your a quality man and can taste your bud and appreciate cannabis while wanting solid, strong, respectable hit(s). This is the one for you sir.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the advice my man.. I will look into this now.
    I have until this Friday to find something special and these reviews are invaluable.
    Cheers!!!!

9. Some good reading on here bro!!! Thanks for the forum link

• Like Like x 2
  10. Well said. I think there are a lot of vapes that work well its just that people don't understand temp control, terpenes, technique or even that you should keep the damn thing clean for best results lol.

Just do extensive research, don't rely on one source. With the Pax 2 and 3 I've learned that starting on the lowest temp setting and then gradually going up every few hits gives you the best world of flavor and kick.At least for me, holding in the vape smoke a little longer than you would with reg smoke makes a big difference as well. Again, its temp control, techniques, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  11. It's just like guns -different models within my arsenal have different purposes lol.

My Crafty is my daily driver, and my VapCap M is my backup for when the Crafty's battery dies, when I just want a small bit of flower, when I want to vape kief, or when I need to vape quickly.

I also have a Firewood (original version, maybe? It was my first vape and not at all what I've found I prefer.) and a Plenty. I haven't touched the Firewood in ages, but the Plenty is great for groups or when I want to use a lot of flower. I also have a water pipe and a bong. I hardly touch the water pipe, but the bong is great for a quick bowl that is heavy with kief.

Earlier in the thread, someone commented that every ent has a different style and different preferences, in regards to consuming flower. Get one vape, and refine your preferences. Consider selecting it based on: cost, effectiveness, efficiency, ease of use, design.

And fuckcombustion is a great place to deep-dive into user reviews and customization of use.

Happy toking
    :passtheshit:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. #32 koruptyg, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Agree with everything @baconman1945 said. I'd also like to say that if getting into vaping is important to you, go for high end, versatility and ease of use in regards to how you are smoking today (bong, sofa, on the run). This is coming from my own let-down (and back to smoking) experience with the Volcano which was a great vape but that just didn't fit me.

The reviewers I mostly go for are 420VapeZone and the highly controversial VC (still might banned from FC?). When I got a theory/opinion about a piece I verify it by goolging specific reviews and checking/asking FC if my theory is correct. I do the in depth verification due to the subjective nature of the topic and the muddy waters of referrals.
    It was after FC verification that I decided to buy my first VapCap and with FC guidance that I decided that the Evo might be something I like. Love FC but only tend to read it when I'm looking for something new cause it is quite time consuming. After finding FC, I've been utterly happy with my vape purchases.

If I have the energy I'll try reading up if people there thinks the VapCap can compete with the Evo, FlowerPot or the Plenty and why. I would how ever like to say that I highly doubt it, due to my own experience with the Evo and VapCap. But my own experience is...well just that:p We all like different things. In a session I even prefer the Solo 2 to the VapCap as I think that torching (was a smoker, not dabber) is tedious but I prefer the VapCap clouds. I think that if I had an induction heater I might lean towards the VapCap more often.

When I'm talking about competing here I'm talking about how high they can get me with what amount of work, I'm also talking about how much control I have over the piece and how versatile it is. The VapCap can probably get me somewhat close to the Evo with a larger amount of work, but I wont be getting to the same sweet spot. With the Evo I can consume 0.5g in 2 mins if I want to, I can't do that with the VapCap and that affects what type of high I can get. With the Evo I have better control of what I want to feel, daytime high, nighttime high, flavor profile or a heavy hitter. I have full control over my heat or if I want to pack the bowl with 0.1g, 0.5g or something in between, which in turn affects cloud production. Evo works great with hash, never tried with VapCaps.

These are some of the reasons to why I would recommend the Evo and not the VapCap (if money is no constraint) to someone that wants to get into vaping. I've always been happy with the VapCap, big portion of smokers I know that have tried it have not. No one has uttered anything but praise and amazement for the Evo or rolled a joint when it has been around. I'm not sure if I dare to say this, but I'll do it and you can correct me if I'm wrong. If you can't find a way to enjoy vaping with the Evo, you do not enjoy vaping. If you don't enjoy vaping with the VapCap, you might still enjoy vaping but with a different piece.

@Choose Goose, in your opinion, which top tier desktop vape do you think the VapCap beats and why? I'm focusing on sessions.

PS:
    I'm not saying that the Evo is the best vape on the market, but it is one of the better and more versatile ones. I'm quite sure it is the best vape for me and my vaping habits.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Just me and experimenting I have done but for me at least vapes can not compete with smoke and a smoke high for the time being and most likely will always be much better then a vape high. I have chronic pain. If I was only getting high for stress and anxiety relief yeah vapes all the way. I find that the smoking high provides a much more powerful body high and buzz. Vaping typically gets me a good buzz for about a solid 20-40 minutes before it fades and when the buzz fades so does the pain relief so I usually vape a lot during the night I’m still really high every time I take a hit so I’m usually always out if it on the days I’m in the most pain. Where smoking the buzz and relief seeks to be a solid hour-hour and a half. Stretched out to 2 hours before it’s fully worn off.

If I could get a smoke high with a vape then I would be incredibly happy. I’m not sure if this is a good way at describing it but unless to match the potency I’d smoke you need to consume a lot more in the form of vapor then I find it hard to say that smoking is not 100% better then vaping. The highs with vaping are easier and don’t get me wrong yeah I can get to a point I’m lost in space but that’s just all in my head the body high never gets stronger as the night goes in the way the head effects do. Vapes always seem like mostly head highs with mild body highs. The head high always seems at least 2x stronger or potent. Even with indicas.

Unless trashing my state should be talked about and out medical marijuana is really just a big joke and I don’t get the relief I’m after because it’s trash. I was told and assured by several doctors pot is better then pills and provides more powerful pain relief....so far all I can say is bs. I have yet to find a strain that can compare to dilauted or my every day goto strain equivalent to ocycodone, Andy was assured that indica indacouch meaning was accurate and it really should make u feel paralyzed my doctor that put me in the program even told me when smoking or vaping that kind of indica it’s best to smoke or vape in bed because when the thc kicks in you won’t be moving any time soon. I can move fine I just feel like I was swimming in a pool for an hour or 2 with that heavy body feeling. Indicas won’t knock me out either and that’s the other thing I was assured the right indicas not only make u not want to move but they are as strong as the drug they use to put you to sleep for a surgery. I made sure I fully understood the doctor and he said yes that a potent indica will beat you and you will fade away fast it will put you to sleep like the drug and you won’t be able to fight it and so fr all that has been a lie or exaggerated maybe a better word. The only thing I feel close enough to the indica “couch lock effect@ is the heavy. Odd feeling like I just got out of a pool and I’m used to it from all the surgeries carrying myself around all my life off and on between surgeries.

• Like Like x 1