vaping vs smoking on immune system

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by AsterAce, Apr 17, 2011.

1. I've read smoking mj can have a negative effect on your immune system. My question is this. Would vaping have a similar effect or are the immune suppressing chemicals only released upon combustion of the herb?

I searched for a similar thread but was unable to find one.

2. Combustion byproducts are laden with toxins that trigger your immune system. Even carbon monoxide, which is heavily concentrated in combusted material, has other impacts on your health such as reducing the amount of oxygen your body is able to absorb (carbon monoxide has a high affinity for hemoglobin, so much so that the body has no enzymes to break the bonds and thus rid itself of carbon monoxide).

Vaporization, at low temperature levels (below 200* C), will have no "noticeable" level of toxins, as a majority are formed after new molecules are made and released through the combustion process. Benzene, toluene, and a few other low-boiling point aromatic hydrocarbons are carcinogenic, but are produced at the high-end mark of vaporization. An immune system response is typically not triggered by vaporization.

The only real worry about vaporization is particulate inhalation, which water filtration should largely get rid of.

3. 2 words

BAD

ASS

4. the little particles that stick to the side of glass? This is the first time Ive heard of this and cant find much on google. How bad is it if you dont have water filtration?

5. The screens themselves do not block particulates from being inhaled. To be honest, I don't know how significant of a problem it is, but I do know that your lungs have its own mechanisms of ridding itself of debris that you inhale, such as coughing. I don't think most people will find the small particulate inhalation an issue.

On the other hand, I have developed worse asthmatic symptoms from the particulate inhalation. I've also observed that I cough more often than nonsmokers/nonvapists.