Vaping vs Combustion - effects?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by kgeorge, Oct 19, 2012.

1. I occasionally toke up, only smoke .05 grams at a time as my first two times I got really stoned and it wasn't fun for me, paranoia and all that.

I decided yesterday to vape some weed, so I put the usual amount, .05 grams and vaped it and was stoned for 5 or 6 hours.

I know vaping is more efficient etc, but what did I do wrong?

2. You might have the lowest tolerance ever unless you mean .5g or a half gram but that's the beauty of vaping. Much more efficient

3. I meant 0.05 grams, and yes, my tolerance is low, I really only like getting buzzed, maybe a little high.

4. Well vaping is gonna get you higher than smoking so its up to you there

5. I wish i had your tolerance

6. So no useful insights then?

7. Really? I personally think that you get 7 levels of fa-hucked on combustion. The high is definitely different.

8. Definitely. While it's difficult to say I appreciate the added fullness of smoking versus vaporizing due to the fact that vaporizing both lasts longer and conserves weed, smoking definitely is different.

Vaporizing, I experience all of the beneficial, medicinal effects of marijuana, but my creativity, the emotions I feel, and the colorful effects you expect from psychedelics are all also ever so slightly less vibrant.

If I could afford it, I'd be smoking dank through a two foot bong with percs all day, but I just appreciate the conservation and ease of use that comes from the vaporizer. I use a small fraction vaping to get damn similar effects, and then I can smoke what I just vaped for every bit of high I could wish for.

Moreover, I find the very funnest high I can get comes from vapor-bonging through a big, cold bong of a huge bowl. Everyone should give that a try.

9. Vaping is just far more efficient and more complete in terms of effects. I'm not surprised .05 got you stoned. Not sure what you mean by asking what you did wrong....what makes you think you did anything wrong?

10. I don't think it's more complete; it certainly doesn't provide the exact same thrilling experience you get from a big bong rip.

I've also never experienced anxiety or paranoia from vaping. Vaping is probably slightly more akin to taking pure THC than it is to smoking, which delivers a proportionate composition of everything in your herb.

11. You did nothing wrong, vaporizers are more efficient. Imo, vaporizers give a much cleaner high. I dont feel hazy and tired.

12. I was just unsure of why .05 get's me to a certain point in a bong,

But then in a vape I get fucked completely sideways.

I understand that vaping is more efficient, but it seems more efficient that I realised!

13. [quote name='"monkeycake"']

I don't think it's more complete; it certainly doesn't provide the exact same thrilling experience you get from a big bong rip.
    .[/quote]

You're doing it wrong than

14. #14 Galaxy420, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
    for that small amount of herb, using it in a bong would be more wasteful. for efficiency a one hitter would be a better comparison to a vape and less wasteful. the vape is even less wasteful than both because it retains the goodness longer until you hit it, the bong burns it all up to fast. Also, the vape allows more oxygen/lung interaction and molecular absorption during the session and that makes you higher.

15. [quote name='"monkeycake"']

I don't think it's more complete; it certainly doesn't provide the exact same thrilling experience you get from a big bong rip.

I've also never experienced anxiety or paranoia from vaping. Vaping is probably slightly more akin to taking pure THC than it is to smoking, which delivers a proportionate composition of everything in your herb.[/quote]

Well, I can't comment on your specific experiences, but my own experiences feel more complete.

But that aside, keep in mind combustion destroys a certain percentage of actives. You're right though, that explains the efficiency difference, but it wouldn't make combustion any less proportionate.

However, all those cannabinoids have different activation temps. If its a low temp, like THC, its more easily destroyed by high temps. My guess is higher temp cannabinoids survive in significantly higher percentages. Terpenes (cannabinoids that give cannabis its lovely/unique smell and taste) often have VERY low activation temps - which is why cannabis gives off such a strong smell. These would be destroyed in high percentages from combustion. This is also partly why vaping has such a strong taste, which diminishes once you turn temp up.

In essence what that all means is when you combust, you're destroying certain actives more than others, making it less proportionate (or "complete") than vaping. Of course this is only in comparison to vaping or edibles. Most of us started cannabis by combustion, and consider it a default.

Also, I have gotten paranoid from vaping :laughing:, its odd your experience is the reverse, as its THC (which is more easily gotten) which causes paranoia and mind-racing, CBD and other higher temp actives tend to subdue it.

16. Just vaped 10 minutes ago and I can tell you that the high feels so much more authentic and powerful, I feel actually stoned and not semi-sober as I sometimes do when I use a pipe/bong. That being said, I do love a nice bong hit.. ah who doesn't? :rolleyes:

17. Get a nice hand held glass bowl or something, pack it full and only take 1 or 2 hits on it at a time(per session)

18. You people talking bout how glorious bong hits are....ever taken a vapor bong hit?

19. I'd love to be able to hook my vape up to my bong but they're different sizes. :(

20. Adapters are like 5 bucks man. What vape do you have?