Vaping Smells A Lot

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by doubts, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Vape smell stays in my room for hours. 

Yes it smells like weed. Of course if you are sitting in the enclosed space vaporizing then you wont be able to tell much a difference but trust me everyone else can.

I dont know how much more I can emphasize that it smells like weed. I dont know where this "it doesnt smell like weed" thing came from. Seems just like conjecture to me. 

2. I dont have a portable Vaporizer, but I do have an Extreme Q. It has smelled maybe 2 times so far (ive had it about a year) One time it was really dirty and the other time i vaped the stinkiest weed I have ever had. Other than that there is pretty much no smell at all. If it is at all noticeable one spray of air freshener will eliminate the smell.

3. Just vape lower temps mine never smellsSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. lower the temps? Why would anyone ever do such a thing? 

This thread is seriously going to get some poor sucker caught vaporizing. 

5. Well it all depends on the type of vaporizer you have. You only need to warm it up enough to have the THC crystals evaporate, I usually heat mine at 180 C, I fill about 8-10 bags and there is VERY little to NO smell depending on the weed I have. I have never used a portable vaporizer so I am not commenting that those are odorless but I know for sure that my Extreme Q doesnt smell. I have even come home not realizing my husband was vaping and there was NO smell at all. Have you tried a larger vaporizer??? Also is it possible that the quality of the vaporizer will come into play?? My vaporizer cost around $250 but you get what you pay for, and in my case that is an odorless sesh.

6. Ive used the EQ... it smells. In fact every vaporizer I have tried(20+) that produces decent vapor smells. The vapor its self smells. There is no way to get around that. Dont be delusional. 

7. why not? And what does the temp do to promote people getting caught?

8. Higher temps produce thicker vapor that will linger longer.Also gives you more of the active compounds in your weed but thats just gonna make you more stoned not get caught easier. 

9. I understand that. But why wood you ask why you would do that.  if you start low and slowly move temp up you can fully vape and keep smell low and still get all the Cannabinoids and Terpenes and more than smoking. Small hits help as well. 

10. Because imo it is pointless and takes to long to vape like that when you can just use high temps from the start because its still going to smell just as bad if you end on a high temp anyways. 

11. Sorry if I'm a tad late but yeah take smaller hits or blow the excess vape out the window, ghosting will work but I'm not a fan of going purple in the face. :laughing:

12. If you are at home blow it out the vent over the stove as you make a pot of coffee. No questions. My family knows I use mmj. They are all good with it. I don't usually use around them in the house. I got my own room. But I have used the Pax sitting on the couch while we were all watching a movie and with the coffee and popcorn and the lights being off my wife and four children two are adults did not know. Small hit exhale through nose under shirt. I wanted to see if anyone would notice.

13. [quote name="doubts" post="18225602" timestamp="1371510367"]I have a Pax portable vaporizor.I just wanted to comment on the lie that is "vaping doesn't smell"With my pax, at 390+ it smells like I might as well be smoking if I am inside, lingering for a good hour.At 370, with normal full bowls it still very smellable for a good 30 minIt's only when i pack tiny bowls and vape them at 370 that it doesn't smell much.Not only that, but the pax requires cleaning multiple times a week. And when I clean it, the bathroom always smells a little funky afterward. Not like full on weed, but it still smells like vape a bit. And it lingers for quite a long time, which is weird. I can literally walk in to the bathroom a half hour after cleaning my vape, JUST cleaning mind you, no heat applied whatsoever or even any weed. And it still smells in there after like 30 min. I don't even understand it.Vaping DOES linger. it doesn't clear out AT ALL for quite a while unless you have some pretty decent airflow through the room.I can't even vape in the house because if i open a container of weed for even just few seconds to pack a bowl my room smells for like 20 min. And if I vape, I have to hope that nobody will come in my room for a good hour if i don't want to get caught.I'm just saying it isn't super easy to hide vaping. I wanted to post this because I am going off to college next year and will be living in a dorm where I can absolutely not get caught at all. I can vape outside that's no problem. But how do i stay under the rader for say cleaning the vape. Or grinding some up, and grinding absolutely REEEKS.For all you new to vaping out there. Don't think it doesn't smell or that you can do it inside a building without people being able to smell it. It is a lie and you will be caught. Vape outside and you'll be incognito. I have come to the realization that it is impossible to hide pot use regardless of if you use a vape or not.[/quote]Grinding reeks? Opening a jar smells for 20 mins?If you're not in an extremely 110% stagnant environment it won't smell. Anything will smell where you are. Step outside or have even tiny air flow and it will smell a lot less than smoking.But yes anything can smell since everything has a smell, especially in the house you describe.

14. Maybe youre using it wrong. Im not delusional, my vaporizor doesnt smell. at most the stinkiest its ever been was only i the room you were using it in, and that was still not even a weed smell, just a odd burning smell, kind of like burning popcorn or when you turn the heat on for the first time of the season. Also a  home has its own smell to it, add the average smells of a house, Food that was made that day, air fresheners, candles, perfumes, etc and you cant really smell the vapor. DIdnt you also say that you dont vaporize at a low temp??? THat is also somehting that can control the smell. I dont go above 190C ever, I let my vaporizer reach 180 by leaving it on for about 15-20 min before smoking, then i start using it, I get nice thick vapor and its pretty much odorless. any smell it may give off wears off in minutes anyway I dont usually spray anything afterward or use anykind of masking and my house doesnt smell AT ALL like weed. I Vaporize EVERY night

15. #75 Frank_S, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
    I would have to disagree. I have a q as well and with good weed it will smells. I think some of the different views come from grades of weed as well as amounts used and personal noses. I will use two full chambers out of the q at least every night over the two hours before bed. It smells.

16. #76 Firefly1628, Dec 9, 2013
    I dont get close to filling the chamber. I fill it maybe a 5th of the way, then when it starts to taste burnt I throw out the old and put in new. That way i dont need to over heat it, it vapes at a low temp. Also how often to do you clean your cyclone bowl and glass elbow?? I literally clean them aftr EVERY use. They glisten

17. #77 Frank_S, Dec 9, 2013
    I clean it when I can scrape and use the oil. I will put 2 grams through it a day at least. I don't need the stealth as much as others. I keep it respectful to my family but I am not anal about it.

18.  Oil??? it starts to make oil??? tell me about this haha.

Im so much of a clean freak It looks brand new like it has never been used. 

I use such a little amount because Im a lightweight. Always have been, Ive never needed T-breaks because my tolerance stays so low.

19. If you let your vape get dirty you can scrape the oil that builds up after the shoulder and in the whip and bag attachment. You can dab it smoke it make a tincture. I use 151 grain to soak it after i scrape it. I let the 151 evap off and i am left with pretty pure oil. I am using for medical reasons. I cant work. The higher my tolerance the more med I can use with less high is better. I still do like to get ripped and it is hard to do anymore.

20. I'm beginning to think you have been vaping some killer weed, and at the same time you must have the same sense of smell my mom does. She could smell smoke from states away. I can't ever tell when I vape unless it's a slight hint of what I compare to cooked popcorn.